NT HELP: \'s seem to be causing error with SGML
Author Message
 NT HELP: \'s seem to be causing error with SGML

I am having a wierd problem, and I'm not sure if it is a python or NT issue. When I enter
the following command from the interpreter, it works fine. But when the command is
called from a cgi-script (IIS4.0), the tmpfile is made, but it is empty. My guess
is that I am getting some error like "directory doesn't exist", or "file not found",
which isn't being recorded anywhere (I checked the Application Event Viewer).

ret_val = os.system("nsgmls C:\\INETPUB\\WWW\\SGML\\ADIR\\" + fn + " > " + tmpfile)

I'm not having a shell permission problem, because other os.system() commands are working
fine from within that same script (for example the command to delete the tmpfile).

Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated. Too bad there is no Python SGML
parser, or is there?

TIA!

Mike Schwartz
Spacelab.Net
NY's Leading Regional ISP

Thu, 07 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 NT HELP: \'s seem to be causing error with SGML

Quote:

> I'm not having a shell permission problem, because other os.system() commands are working
> fine from within that same script (for example the command to delete the tmpfile).

Instead of using os.system, you should be using os.popen, as my pysgml
package does:

http://itrc.uwaterloo.ca/~papresco

You could also use OLE to talk to SP (this is also described on my web
pages).

 Paul Prescod  - http://itrc.uwaterloo.ca/~papresco

"I want to give beauty pageants the respectability they deserve."
            - Brooke Ross, Miss Canada International

Fri, 08 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Can't seem to get it right: Win NT registry save and load

2. Transparent gifs does'nt seem to work.

3. What causes 'Internal error 5333'?

4. 'proc unknown' causes package error

5. 'after' causes illegal instruction errors

6. Problem Clipper 5.x under NT causing RUNTIME error 6003 Divide by zero

7. Rxsock.dll Sockbind causing NT application error

8. Files slow to open on NT Server 4 - Help as to cause

9. TixBalloons seem to cause Tcl 8.0 app to die

10. Help please, I cannot seem to learn my ABC's

11. What is the cause of this error (Memory block free'd twice)

12. ERROR 48 - what's the cause?