converting an id() into an object
Author Message
 converting an id() into an object

Is there a way to inverse the functionality of id()?  This
of course depends on items not moving around in memory and
not being decref'd into gc.

eg:

foo = id(spam)
poof = swizzled(foo)

spam is poof    # this would be true?

I don't have an immediate need for this, but the thought has
crossed my mind often enough that if it were available, I
may have done something with it.

--

Emile van Sebille

-------------------

Fri, 04 Jul 2003 20:17:29 GMT
 converting an id() into an object
Ok, it's early still.  Forget this question, maybe.

Would this be different from simply:

poof = spam

off-to-a-bad-start-ly y'rs

--

Emile van Sebille

-------------------

Quote:
> Is there a way to inverse the functionality of id()?  This
> of course depends on items not moving around in memory and
> not being decref'd into gc.

> eg:

> foo = id(spam)
> poof = swizzled(foo)

> spam is poof    # this would be true?

> I don't have an immediate need for this, but the thought
has
> crossed my mind often enough that if it were available, I
> may have done something with it.

> --

> Emile van Sebille

> -------------------

Fri, 04 Jul 2003 20:50:12 GMT

1. Object IDs are good ( was: Object IDs are bad )

2. Determing Object ID of existing WPS objects?

3. nntplib.py converts message ID to lowercase

4. converting 16 bit object code to 32 bit object code

5. module to convert Python objects to C objects

6. Object ID

7. Object IDs are bad (was: Ousterhout and Tc

8. Object IDs are bad (was: Ousterhout and Tcl lost the plot with latest paper)

9. Object IDs are bad (nuh-uh!)

10. Object IDs are bad (was: Ousterhout and Tcl lost the plot with latest paper)

11. ORexx - Looking for MS-SQL OLE object name/id

12. CM2 Object ID