1.5.2 vs 1.6 vs 2.0 vs godzilla
Author Message
 1.5.2 vs 1.6 vs 2.0 vs godzilla

is anyone thinking of using 1.6 for a production product?
bugs? stability?

are there going to be bug fixes to 1.6? or all bug fixes
go to 2.0?

we've completed a web-based project using some components
of zope under python 1.5.2, and i was wondering whether we should
do our next release in 1.6.  we'll need to run under solaris, win2k,
and linux.  although we won't need internationalization til next year,
i was thinking it might be useful to begin the transition now.

thoughts?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Fri, 14 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 1.5.2 vs 1.6 vs 2.0 vs godzilla

Quote:

>thoughts?

I saw Tim Peters recommending 1.5.2 -> 2.0 (final) when it comes
out.  Seemed like good advice to me.  I only do lightweight stuff
so am using 2.0 beta already, cuz I like the new features.

Kirby

Fri, 14 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 1.5.2 vs 1.6 vs 2.0 vs godzilla

Quote:

>we've completed a web-based project using some components
>of zope under python 1.5.2, and i was wondering whether we should
>do our next release in 1.6.  we'll need to run under solaris, win2k,
>and linux.  although we won't need internationalization til next year,
>i was thinking it might be useful to begin the transition now.

Given that you're using Zope, you should ask the DigiCool folks what
their opinion is.  I suspect they're going to follow the party line and
move from 1.5.2 to 2.0.  You may want to start doing some independent
test development under 2.0beta to see how the I18N stuff works.
--

Androgynous poly {*filter*} vanilla {*filter*} het    <*>     http://www.*-*-*.com/
Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6

"Perhaps God rewards martyrs, but life seldom does..." --Ulrika O'Brien

Fri, 14 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 1.5.2 vs 1.6 vs 2.0 vs godzilla

Quote:

> is anyone thinking of using 1.6 for a production product?
> bugs? stability?

> are there going to be bug fixes to 1.6? or all bug fixes
> go to 2.0?

All the bug fixes are going into 2.0, and there have been a lot of
bugs fixed in 2.0.  Since the final release of 2.0 is only a few weeks
away, we have no plans to do maintenance for 1.6.

-- Jeremy Hylton <http://www.python.org/~jeremy/>

Fri, 14 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. stdcall vs c vs cdecl vs pascal vs whosyerdaddy

2. 68K vs CFM68K vs Tk 8.0.3 vs AppearanceLib vs System 7

3. MASM vs TASM vs VC++ vs DJGPP vs A*^ vs PCC vs DEBUG,, "Hello World!"

4. MASM vs TASM vs VC++ vs DJGPP vs A*^ vs PCC vs DEBUG,, "Hello World!"

5. fibonacci benchmark -- VS 3.0 VS VW 2.0

6. ST vs Java vs ST vs ....

7. API vs Internal vs Public vs Private in Envy/QA

8. VO vs DELPHI vs FOXPRO(Windows) vs DBASE(Windows)

9. Cellular automata benchmarks: Java vs C++ vs Java vs C++

10. need info on C++ vs Object Pascal vs Objective C vs etc

11. Cadence NCSIm Vs NCSim Desktop Vs Modelsim Vs VCS

12. Cadence NCSIm Vs NCSim Desktop Vs Modelsim Vs VCS