Set UID scripts?
Author Message
 Set UID scripts?

How do I get python scripts to run set-uid of another user?

Thanks in advance,

Wayne Cuddy
TYX Corporation

http://www.*-*-*.com/

Fri, 29 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Set UID scripts?

Quote:
> How do I get python scripts to run set-uid of another user?

In newer *nix variants, the kernel ignores the set[ug]id
flag on #! scripts for security reasons. You'll have to write
a suid-wrapper.

Quote:
> Thanks in advance,

You're welcome
  -- Siggy

PS: If you want a copy of my suid-python version which uses a md5sum
    registry for scripts allowed to run suid, send me private email
    including your public PGP key (NOT PGP 5 please)

  application_pgp-signature_part
< 1K Download

Fri, 29 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Set expect script variables via a korn shell script

2. How to determine UID of OE caller?

3. Eruby with different uid

4. Running CGIs under my uid - going slowly insane.

5. UID/GID in python

6. How can I use UID command in IMAPLIB?

7. cgi use root uid

8. A uid merger

9. getting username from uid

10. Changing UID in Tcl/Expect?

11. BUG: TCL uses real rather than effictive UID/GID

12. BUG: TCL uses real rather than effictive UID/GID