disable line wrap in xterm?? 
Author Message
 disable line wrap in xterm??

Can anyone tell me how I can disable line wrap in an xterm (or equiv,
eg: rxvt, Eterm, etc) from Python?

For example:

I would like an 80 column terminal to print 80 asterisks when I execute:

Quote:
>>> print '*' * 100

and throw the rest away instead of wrapping them.

Thanks!

William K. Scherer
Sr. Member of Applications Staff - Verizon Wireless
Bill.Scherer_at_VerizonWireless.com



Sat, 06 Dec 2003 23:59:43 GMT  
 disable line wrap in xterm??

Quote:

> Can anyone tell me how I can disable line wrap in an xterm (or
> equiv, eg: rxvt, Eterm, etc) from Python?

To turn auto-wrap off:

print "\033[?7l"

to turn it on:

print "\033[?7h"

Do you have the ctlseqs.TXT document?  It's handy for this sort of
thing.

These are probably grossly xterm specific - AFAIK there's no
corresponding terminfo/termcap code (but my termcap & terminfo book
seems to have vanished into the depths of my room, so I'm not sure).

Cheers,
M.

--
58. Fools ignore complexity. Pragmatists suffer it. Some can avoid
    it. Geniuses remove it.
  -- Alan Perlis, http://www.cs.yale.edu/homes/perlis-alan/quotes.html



Sun, 07 Dec 2003 01:12:34 GMT  
 disable line wrap in xterm??

Quote:

> > Can anyone tell me how I can disable line wrap in an xterm (or
> > equiv, eg: rxvt, Eterm, etc) from Python?

> To turn auto-wrap off:

> print "\033[?7l"

> to turn it on:

> print "\033[?7h"

That does it. Thanks!

Quote:

> Do you have the ctlseqs.TXT document?  It's handy for this sort of
> thing.

Never heard of it.

Quote:

> These are probably grossly xterm specific - AFAIK there's no
> corresponding terminfo/termcap code (but my termcap & terminfo book
> seems to have vanished into the depths of my room, so I'm not sure).

> Cheers,
> M.

William K. Scherer
Sr. Member of Applications Staff - Verizon Wireless
Bill.Scherer_at_VerizonWireless.com


Sun, 07 Dec 2003 02:04:32 GMT  
 disable line wrap in xterm??

Quote:


> > To turn auto-wrap off:

> > print "\033[?7l"

> > to turn it on:

> > print "\033[?7h"

> That does it. Thanks!

No problem!

Quote:

> > Do you have the ctlseqs.TXT document?  It's handy for this sort of
> > thing.

> Never heard of it.

This:

http://www.giccs.georgetown.edu/~ric/howto/Xterm-Title/ctlseq2.txt

seems to be a copy.

Cheers,
M.



Sun, 07 Dec 2003 02:15:20 GMT  
 
 [ 4 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Line wrapping

2. Line wrapping in listboxes?

3. Edit field line wrapping

4. Line Wrapping

5. Line-wrap test

6. Wrapping long lines

7. How to do line wrapping?

8. Recognizing wrapped lines

9. line wrapping in news messages

10. Scrolling wrapped lines

11. textbox scrolling malfunctions with wrapped lines

12. wanted: tcl proc to wrap lines of text

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software