Precompiled 1.6 for Red Hat Linux 6.2?
Author Message
 Precompiled 1.6 for Red Hat Linux 6.2?

I am a longtime windows user who just started working in a dual boot env
that includes Linux Red Hat 6.2.  Is there a precompiled version of
python 1.6 for Linuxon a PC?  I installed the 1.6 on my Win98 box
without any problem, but would like to have it running on the Linux
machine too.

Thanks in advance.

david lees

Fri, 07 Mar 2003 08:34:11 GMT
 Precompiled 1.6 for Red Hat Linux 6.2?

Quote:

> I am a longtime windows user who just started working in a dual boot env
> that includes Linux Red Hat 6.2.  Is there a precompiled version of
> Python 1.6 for Linuxon a PC?  I installed the 1.6 on my Win98 box
> without any problem, but would like to have it running on the Linux
> machine too.

PythonLabs is producing RPMs of 2.0 for Red Hat Linux.  Unfortunately,
we don't have any resources to devote to supporting 1.6 install
issues.
    http://www.pythonlabs.com/tech/python2.0/download.html

I believe ActiveState's ActivePython product is based on 1.6 if having
1.6 or a non-beta release is important.

-- Jeremy Hylton <http://www.python.org/~jeremy/>

Sat, 08 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. where to install on Red Hat 6.2 ?

2. Forth RPM for Red Hat Linux

3. Font display problems under Red Hat Linux 7.3

4. Various Ruby RPMs available for Red Hat Linux 7.2

5. FLORIST-2.0 on Red Hat Linux 5.0

6. Obtaining the IDLE GUI under Red Hat Linux 7.2

7. _imaging.so for Red Hat Linux needed

8. pgplot Windows NT and Red Hat LINUX

9. Red Hat Linux and poplib.py

10. Python and Red Hat Linux 6

11. Python and Red Hat Linux 6.0

12. strange ImportError on Red Hat Linux python installation