Newbie here, a few questions
Author Message
 Newbie here, a few questions

I'm new to programming in general, and I thought, after looking around a while,
that python would be a good place to start. Well, I just got it today, and I'm
doing fairly well with basic print functions, math things and just simple
loops. Nothing fancy yet. But I was wondering how I would turn the code that I
use for my programs into stand alone programs, so I don't have to use the
interpreter to execute it. If you could, please send your responses to my email
address, too, because I might not remember to check back here. It's

I couldn't download 1.5.2 for some reason. Thanks

Thu, 27 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Newbie here, a few questions

Quote:

> I'm new to programming in general, and I thought, after looking around a while,
> that Python would be a good place to start.

And I'm sure many here would agree with you. Welcome!

Quote:
> loops. Nothing fancy yet. But I was wondering how I would turn the code that I
> use for my programs into stand alone programs, so I don't have to use the
> interpreter to execute it.

Have a look at http://starship.python.net/crew/gmcm/distribute.html

Quote:
> And just in case it matters, I have version 1.4, not 1.5.2.

Don't think it matters -- though 1.4 is generally getting a bit musty.

--
Matt Gushee
Portland, Maine, USA

http://www.havenrock.com/

Thu, 27 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Newbie here, a few questions
Thanks. As soon as I'm able to get 1.5.2, I'll do so. Thanks again

Thu, 27 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Newbie has a few questions

2. A few more newbie questions..

3. Few newbie syntax questions

4. A few newbie questions...

5. a few newbie questions...

6. newbie....a few questions

7. Please asm newbie with few questions

8. A few newbie questions

9. A few more newbie questions

10. A few newbie questions

11. Some questions on elided text in the text widget (and a few other text widget questions)