PyType_GenericNew not calling Init/New functions
Author Message
 PyType_GenericNew not calling Init/New functions

I'm constructing a class that inherits from one of my custom C object with
PyType_GenericNew but for some reason neither the pyton classes __init__ nor
my custom C objects New/Alloc methods are being called.

Isn't PyType_GenericNew supposed to call these methods? If not, how else do
I contruct the class as doing a GetItemString for the python class I want to
construct and that seems to return a PyType type and not a PyClass type.

Any help appreciated.

Sun, 26 Jun 2005 19:07:22 GMT

1. SWIG: ImportError: dynamic module does not define init function

2. ImportError: dynamic module does not define init function

3. Thread.__init__() not called

4. Call Library Function - Function not found in library

5. VC++ calling fortran function and fortran function calling a c++ function

6. How to find out name of calling function from called function

7. Labview 6.0.2 Call Library Function not working

8. Function Call Mechanism Is Not Standardized

9. Calling functions that do not appear in the source, part 2

10. Callback function not getting called

11. class for function calls that are not thread safe

12. Call for new function ? expr()