Reboot Windows XP using Python's win32api
Author Message
 Reboot Windows XP using Python's win32api

Does anybody have an experience doing Windows XP reboot from within the
Python's script using win32all modules? I'm trying to use the function
initiateSystemShutdown() but am getting "Access denied" response. But I
ame trying it being logged in as Administrator. Should I do something more
with the privileges?
Thank you.

--
Lukas Kubin

phone: +420696398285

Information centre
The School of Business Administration in Karvina
Silesian University in Opava
Czech Republic
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Tue, 26 Jul 2005 17:23:02 GMT
 Reboot Windows XP using Python's win32api

Quote:

> Does anybody have an experience doing Windows XP reboot from within the
> Python's script using win32all modules? I'm trying to use the function
> initiateSystemShutdown() but am getting "Access denied" response. But I
> ame trying it being logged in as Administrator. Should I do something more
> with the privileges?

Google could help here:

http://groups.google.ca/groups?q=initiatesystemshutdown+access+denied...

-Peter

Tue, 26 Jul 2005 21:34:09 GMT
 Reboot Windows XP using Python's win32api

Quote:

> Does anybody have an experience doing Windows XP reboot from within the
> Python's script using win32all modules? I'm trying to use the function
> initiateSystemShutdown() but am getting "Access denied" response. But I
> ame trying it being logged in as Administrator. Should I do something
> more with the privileges?
> Thank you.

You need to grant yourself the SE_SHUTDOWN_NAME privilege before windows
will let you initiate shutdown. I haven't done any python win32
programming (only on unix), but I've done this before in C and it's pretty
easy. Microsoft has sample code in C at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/sysi...

Tue, 26 Jul 2005 22:06:30 GMT

1. Shutting down windows using win32api

2. Tcl/Tk doesn't trap the logoff/reboot/shutdown events on Windows

3. random rebooting running xp

4. problem printing using Windows XP in network

5. IDE terminating using Windows XP

6. Clarion 5 GPF in IDE using Windows XP

7. Help - Can't detect Windows XP!

8. softice 4.05 windows xp - please don't nuke

9. can't post (MASM 6.13 Codeview problem with windows XP)

10. Upcoming Windows XP replaces win ME and 2k This looks bad don't it

11. Can't remove Norton Antivirus 2001 from computer with Windows XP

12. XP mean Windows XP proffessional