Tkinter: Lifting window to top?
Author Message
 Tkinter: Lifting window to top?

Hi!

I create a toplevel window and display it on the screen. On Unix everthing works fine. But
on WinNT my window is behind all other windows. How can I lift it? The function lift
doesn't work.

Any Ideas?

Regards,
Alex.

Fri, 28 Nov 2003 16:11:20 GMT
 Tkinter: Lifting window to top?

Quote:
> I create a toplevel window and display it on the screen. On Unix
> everthing works fine. But on WinNT my window is behind all other
> windows. How can I lift it? The function lift doesn't work.

  `top.tkraise()` does what you want.  If you want to raise it just
above one particular other window, use `top.tkraise(aboveThis=other)`.

--
"I will tell you things that will make you laugh and uncomfortable and really
{*filter*}ing angry and that no one else is telling you.  What I won't do is bullshit

Wed, 03 Dec 2003 08:29:33 GMT

1. Lift Tkinter window on Win32

2. Bringing window to top in Tkinter

3. Tkinter windows always on top in Win32

4. How to make window stay on top on Win95 with Tkinter

5. Tkinter window on top without keyboard focus?

6. How to bring Tk window to top in Windows application

7. Q: keep window outfit & window on top

8. Tk/tkinter bug? Underlining top-level menu names

9. how to disable Windows close menu on a top level window

10. Windows - getting Tkinter or wxPython window handle?

11. Extensions/tkinter/* vs Modules/tkinter* (was: Python 1.1 w/ tkinter for AIX)

12. Can global refs be freed from lambda-lifting ? ( was Is Lambda-lifting necessary ? )