Tkinter: drag-and-drop files (filenames) onto application?
Author Message
 Tkinter: drag-and-drop files (filenames) onto application?

I have an application that processes files (images), and I'd like the user
to be able to drag-and-drop files from his computer (desktop, explorer
window, etc.) to the application.  The app will need to capture the
filenames of the dropped files from there.

I've been looking at Tkdnd, but it only handles moving objects within an
application, not dropping objects from outside an application.

Any way to do this?  (ideally in a platform-independant way, but failing
that and world peace, I'll take a Windows-only solution too!)

Thanks!

Kevin.

Sat, 06 Aug 2005 04:42:05 GMT

1. Drag and Drop - How to get what was dropped onto

2. Drag files onto a Tk application

3. Dropping folder of files onto RB application

4. Drag'n'dropping font names onto parts

5. file drag and drop application launch in windows (newbie question)

6. dragging a file onto a tcl script...

7. Tkinter: any drag-and-drop features, yet?

8. Tkinter drag and drop

9. Dropping files onto apps

10. Dropping files onto the app icon?

11. Looking for a drag-and-drop application builder for VisualWorks

12. Drag and drop to application icon.