Widget resizing
Author Message
 Widget resizing

Hello all,

Can anyone tell me how to get Tkinter to resize frames etc. when their
parents (e.g. a Toplevel instance) are resized?

Thanks,
Elliot
--
Elliot Smith
School of Computer Science, University of Birmingham

homepage: http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~ezs/

Sat, 07 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Widget resizing
Hi Elliot,

It depends on the kind of manager you use, but I'll use pack as an example.

from Tkinter import *
root=Tk()
Frame(root,borderwidth=3,relief=GROOVE).pack(side=LEFT,fill=BOTH,expand=YES)
root.mainloop()

If you look at www.manning.com/grayson you can download two chapters of
python and Tkinter programming one of which is screen layout. (of course
you'll be much better buying a copy ;)

Richard

Quote:
> Hello all,

> Can anyone tell me how to get Tkinter to resize frames etc. when their
> parents (e.g. a Toplevel instance) are resized?

> Thanks,
> Elliot
> --
> Elliot Smith
> School of Computer Science, University of Birmingham

> homepage: http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/~ezs/

Sat, 07 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Widget resizing

Quote:

> If you look at www.manning.com/grayson you can download two chapters
of
> Python and Tkinter programming one of which is screen layout. (of
course
> you'll be much better buying a copy ;)

> Richard

You'll also find over 20,000 lines of example code at
the same site...  :-)

    John

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Sun, 08 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. widget resizing

2. Detecting widget resize

3. Grid widget resize frenzy

4. Toplevel Widget Resizing

5. text/scroll widget resize problems

6. Text widget resizes

7. resizing widgets packed in a text widget?

8. Req: code snippet for resizing widgets in text widget

9. Tkinter, resizing, and widget clipping

10. How to resize tkinter label widget

11. Tkinter : resizing Text widget with main window

12. Fwd: Re: Tkinter : resizing Text widget with main window