Pasting from clipboard with Tkinter
Author Message
 Pasting from clipboard with Tkinter

I'm a bit of a newbie with Tkinter, and I've developed a fairly simple
entry screen application with Tkinter and python Mega Widgets. This
application is being used on a Windows NT machine.

The application has a series of entry fields packed one below the
other. I can copy a single line of text from another Windows
application and use Ctrl-v to paste it into one of the entryfields.
However, if I copy multiple line from another program (such as
Notepad, Excel, Word, etc.), all of the copied text appears in one
entry like this:

Entry 1: line1[square]line2[square]line3
Entry 2:
Entry 3:

I'm assuming that the little [square]'s correspond to CR and/or NL
characters

What I want it to do is this:

Entry 1: line1
Entry 2: line2
Entry 3: line3

Basically, I have a user that wants to copy a column from an Excel
spreadsheet into the series of entries, and I cannot figure out how to
get it to work.

Any ideas out there?

Sun, 14 Mar 2004 00:40:35 GMT

1. Paste to clipboard with toolboxes, help!

2. Paste From Clipboard To Image Control

3. Pasting images from clipboard to file

4. Paste Image from clipboard to blob in ver 2.003

5. Pasting from clipboard

6. Pasting from the clipboard

7. paste an image from the clipboard

8. X clipboard - Cut Copy Paste?

9. How to paste to Clipboard from tcl using Win32 Tcl

10. Copy, Paste to Windows Clipboard

11. Tkinter question: cut, copy and paste?

12. question: clipboard in Tkinter?