tkinter combo-box ?
Author Message
 tkinter combo-box ?

FOlks,

Has any of you work out :
    - a tkinter combo-box (aka drop-down list) widget for tkinter ?
    - a PropertySheet like widget for tkinter ?

Cheers,

Jerome

Fri, 31 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 tkinter combo-box ?

Quote:

> You can find what MS calls a "PropertySheet" as a "NoteBook" in Tix, a tk
> extension. I believe you can find the Tix distribution at
> ftp://ftp.neosoft.com/pub/tcl/sorted/devel/.
> You can find the equivalent of Tkinter for Tix, PyTix-1.12, in the
> contributed software at www.python.org. This package also contains
> installation instructions.

I suspect that won't work with Tk8.0, right? Are there any plans to update
PyTix?

Quote:
> If Pmw appeals to you and Tix doesn't, you can press me to make my own
> NoteBook Pmw extension public. The reason why I haven't done so upto now is
> that I haven't written documentation for it. It has a demo though.

That'd be nice ...

M.

Fri, 31 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 tkinter combo-box ?

Quote:
> Has any of you work out :
>     - a tkinter combo-box (aka drop-down list) widget for tkinter ?
>     - a PropertySheet like widget for tkinter ?

Check out Pmw (Python Mega Widgets) for a ComboBox (and other megawidgets).
You can find it at http://www.dscpl.com.au/pmw/.

You can find what MS calls a "PropertySheet" as a "NoteBook" in Tix, a tk
extension. I believe you can find the Tix distribution at
ftp://ftp.neosoft.com/pub/tcl/sorted/devel/.
You can find the equivalent of Tkinter for Tix, PyTix-1.12, in the
contributed software at www.python.org. This package also contains
installation instructions.

If Pmw appeals to you and Tix doesn't, you can press me to make my own
NoteBook Pmw extension public. The reason why I haven't done so upto now is
that I haven't written documentation for it. It has a demo though.

cjr

--

Fri, 31 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Tkinter combo box?

2. TKinter question - A combo box / menu question

3. Combo Boxes / List Boxes

4. get value of a combo box or a list box in embeds

5. Combo Box Behavior

6. Drop Down Combo Box Issue?

7. different choices for Combo Box in Dataset depending on the row

8. combo box

9. [WB] Combo Box Problem

10. Newbie question about combo boxes

11. VW2.0 Combo Box Widget?