Ivan Bratkos Book ....
Author Message
 Ivan Bratkos Book ....

Prolog
Programming for Artificial Inteligence

Hi, NG!

I am reading now the a.m. Book and i am sticking. As per Book there is used
ISO Prolog. Just i can not find which Prolog schould I use in order to write
and check the examples in the Book. I tried Arity Prolog, just there ist no
"member".
Then  i dwonloaded SWI Prolog, because I read that its compliant with ISO
Prolog. Now I am finding differences too.
conc is called append,
del is called delete and works littel bit different
and sublist is something completely different.

Can somebody tell me which implementation from Prolog schould I use having
in mind that I will use it together with the a.m. Book.

Thanks in Advance,
Sorry for broken English,
Greetz,
Mira

Mon, 03 Oct 2005 22:01:11 GMT
 Ivan Bratkos Book ....

Quote:

> I am reading now the a.m. Book and i am sticking. As per Book there is
used
> ISO Prolog. Just i can not find which Prolog schould I use in order to
write
> and check the examples in the Book. I tried Arity Prolog, just there ist
no
> "member".
> Then  i dwonloaded SWI Prolog, because I read that its compliant with ISO
> Prolog. Now I am finding differences too.
> conc is called append,
> del is called delete and works littel bit different
> and sublist is something completely different.

> Can somebody tell me which implementation from Prolog schould I use having
> in mind that I will use it together with the a.m. Book.

Why don't you add the missing predicates (and/or the "correct" versions)
yourself? Then you can use just about any Prolog implementation you like.

Tue, 04 Oct 2005 05:23:44 GMT
 Ivan Bratkos Book ....

Quote:
> Prolog
> Programming for Artificial Inteligence

> Hi, NG!

> I am reading now the a.m. Book and i am sticking. As per Book there is
used
> ISO Prolog. Just i can not find which Prolog schould I use in order to
write
> and check the examples in the Book. I tried Arity Prolog, just there ist
no
> "member".
> Then  i dwonloaded SWI Prolog, because I read that its compliant with ISO
> Prolog. Now I am finding differences too.
> conc is called append,
> del is called delete and works littel bit different
> and sublist is something completely different.

> Can somebody tell me which implementation from Prolog schould I use having
> in mind that I will use it together with the a.m. Book.

> Thanks in Advance,
> Sorry for broken English,
> Greetz,
> Mira

I think that ISO Prolog does not include "member" or "conc".

These are not included in standard Prolog.

Instead, you can define "member" and "conc"
by using Prolog code that is shown in Bratko's book.
These are predicates that are not "built_in",
so you need to define them yourself, if you need them.

Appendix B, (page 649), shows you how to define
predicates called "member", "conc", "del", "subset",
and some other predicates.

--
Martin Sondergaard.

Tue, 04 Oct 2005 08:20:59 GMT
 Ivan Bratkos Book ....

Quote:

> > Prolog
> > Programming for Artificial Inteligence

> > Hi, NG!

> > I am reading now the a.m. Book and i am sticking. As per Book there is
> used
> > ISO Prolog. Just i can not find which Prolog schould I use in order to
> write
> > and check the examples in the Book. I tried Arity Prolog, just there ist
> no
> > "member".
> > Then  i dwonloaded SWI Prolog, because I read that its compliant with
ISO
> > Prolog. Now I am finding differences too.
> > conc is called append,
> > del is called delete and works littel bit different
> > and sublist is something completely different.

> > Can somebody tell me which implementation from Prolog schould I use
having
> > in mind that I will use it together with the a.m. Book.

> > Thanks in Advance,
> > Sorry for broken English,
> > Greetz,
> > Mira

> I think that ISO Prolog does not include "member" or "conc".

> These are not included in standard Prolog.

> Instead, you can define "member" and "conc"
> by using Prolog code that is shown in Bratko's book.
> These are predicates that are not "built_in",
> so you need to define them yourself, if you need them.

> Appendix B, (page 649), shows you how to define
> predicates called "member", "conc", "del", "subset",
> and some other predicates.

Thank you very much!

I didnt know that there is such kind of stuff (shame on me) and that i can
do such kind of things. The only excuse is, that i am absolute newbie in
Prolog :o)

Greetz,
Mira

> --
> Martin Sondergaard

Tue, 04 Oct 2005 18:32:46 GMT

1. code for Ivan Tomek's book

2. Prolog, Book by Ivan Bratko,

3. Question about Ivan Tomek's Introduction to VW

4. IVAN inplementation in IDL

5. Prolog based on Ivan?

6. Ivan Bratko email addresss ?

7. Looking for Ivan Bratko

8. Book Sale - APL Books and others

9. Mentamatics: Books and Stories, a movie book by Ellis D. Cooper

10. BOOK WANTED: Abel Assembler Book

11. Quarterly Journal seeking book reviewer for forth book

12. Request for book review : OOP books