consulting disc from a prolog program
Author Message
 consulting disc from a prolog program

How can I get a running prolog program to load a file of rules or
data from a disc?  Having consulted several such files can the
program then also retract 1 or mor of the files?

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Tue, 17 Jun 2003 01:08:12 GMT
 consulting disc from a prolog program

Quote:

> How can I get a running prolog program to load a file of rules or
> data from a disc?  Having consulted several such files can the
> program then also retract 1 or mor of the files?

> Sent via Deja.com
> http://www.deja.com/

Use the "load" operator.  It has the same form as the command you use to
load a file.

For example, in the command line, you type

  [filename].

to load the Prolog file filename.pl (on a Linux or unix system).  If the
file to load starts with a capital letter, just place the apostrophe in
front (to prevent it from being regognized as a variable).

If you want to place it in a prolog program, just add the :- in front of
the "load" operator..

  :- [filename].

The file must contain valid prolog rules.  This does not provide
conditional or parametrized loading of rules.

ELevac

Fri, 20 Jun 2003 10:23:27 GMT

1. Disc space on a floppy disc

2. cost of disc data storage in prolog

3. Office Disc 1 programs won't stay open

4. A Prolog consulting job in Colorado

5. prolog consulting position available

6. DCGs and consult in the ISO Prolog standard

7. Prolog consults - a standard?

8. SICStus Prolog singleton warnings slow down while consulting a file

9. NYC VMS Fortran Consulting Opportunities, Spectrum Concepts Consulting Corp

10. ** OFF SITE PROGRAMMING/CONSULTING **

11. program consulting - hourly or salaried?

12. Porting Turbo Prolog programs to ISO Prolog