Putting single quotes inside Prolog strings
Author Message
 Putting single quotes inside Prolog strings

Newbie question, I guess.

How do I handle single quotes inside a Prolog string?

'This string's apostrophes are screwing this up'

Escape character? " \' "

Sun, 29 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Putting single quotes inside Prolog strings

Quote:
> Newbie question, I guess.
> How do I handle single quotes inside a Prolog string?
> 'This string's apostrophes are screwing this up'
> Escape character? " \' "

you should say which Prolog you are using. But in many
Prologs you can either use
'This string''s apostrophes'
or
'This string\'s apostrophes'

check your manual

Gertjan

--
Gertjan van Noord Alfa-informatica, RUG,  Postbus 716, 9700 AS Groningen
vannoord at let dot rug dot nl            http://www.let.rug.nl/~vannoord

Mon, 30 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. inserting single quotes inside a smallTalk string

2. single-quoted string conversion to triple-quoted string

3. Putting Single Quotes in the Output...

4. Putting Single Quotes in the Output...

5. Getting awk (or sed or anything else) to put single quotes into file

6. parsing lines with quoted strings as single fields

7. using gsub on a string containing single quotes

8. Repost:Single quotes in string

9. Single quotes in string

10. Making strings with single/double quotes safe for MySQL Insert/Update

11. replace single quote to double quote with an example

12. MySQLdb and strings with quotes / long strings