top level clause
Author Message
 top level clause

Hi,
I was wondering if anybody had a solution for the following problem.
When I'm running a prolog program (using SWI-Prolog) that seems to be
trapped in a loop and I use control-C to abort the execution I get back at
the Prolog prompt. However, if this happens again (a program loops again)
and I try to use control-C again to abort execution, Prolog doesn't
respond. Currently I exit and reenter Prolog everytime I've used control-C
but I reckon there must be a more elegant solution to this problem.

                                        Thanks in advance/regards, Niek.

Tue, 20 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 top level clause

Quote:

>When I'm running a prolog program (using SWI-Prolog) that seems to be
>trapped in a loop and I use control-C to abort the execution I get back at
>the Prolog prompt. However, if this happens again (a program loops again)
>and I try to use control-C again to abort execution, Prolog doesn't
>respond.

This problem happens on a couple of platforms, basically due to the
automatic configuration misjudging the capabilities of signal handling
on your system.  Please inform me on the details of your system en
Prolog version (by E-mail).

        --- Jan

Jan Wielemaker               Author of SWI-Prolog and the XPCE GUI library
SWI, University of Amsterdam http://www.swi.psy.uva.nl/usr/jan/SWI-Prolog.html

Wed, 21 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Keeping top level on top.

2. 88 Level Value clause...

3. Info please - High Level Assembler - USING at top of page

4. Top Level VI and SubVI Execution

5. running multiple instances of a top level vi

6. top-level VIs

7. Help with this vi and top level vi's

8. front panel of top-level vi in executable

9. hide top level VI

10. VO, Single keystroke to top level menu

11. Help on the top level structure of a Haskell program

12. Unresolved top-level overloading