using NNs for data mining/data analysis
Author Message
 using NNs for data mining/data analysis

I heard that NNs can be used for data mining, rules can then be found to be
used with expertsystems
how can this be done and where can I fined more information

less

Tue, 17 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 using NNs for data mining/data analysis
Neural networks can indeed be used for data mining (machine learning)
tasks.  However, what these algorithms determine are a set of real
numbers which stand for the connection strengths of "synapses" (i.e.,
connection between "neurons").

Rules can be learned from datasets using other algorithms, e.g., ID3 and
successors.

You may want to check the book Machine Learning, by Tom Mitchell, McGraw
Hill, 1997
(see also http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~tom/mlbook.html).

wrote

Quote:
>I heard that NNs can be used for data mining, rules can then be found
to be
>used with expertsystems
>how can this be done and where can I fined more information

>less

Fri, 20 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Using Python or Java for data analysis(no flame wars please)

2. Q: Acquiring data using two E series devices connected by RTSI and streaming data to disk

3. Using file data transparently as internal data?

4. Toronto APL SIG meeting - June 23 - APL and OLAP/Data Mining

5. Need Help in Data Mining Problem

6. Data Mine (filter) Usenet comp.lang.forth threads

7. ANN: New Online Master of Science in Data Mining

8. ANN: Online Certificate Program in Data Mining

9. ANN: New Online Certificate Program in Data Mining

10. ANN: New Online Certificate Program in Data Mining

11. Data mining with logo?

12. Data mining with logo?