I bought a prolog book
Author Message
 I bought a prolog book

It's called _An Introduction to Programming in Prolog_ by P. Saint-Dizier
at a discount closeout book store. It was 2 bucks. I also bought _Building
Expert Systems in Prolog_ by Dennis Merritt for 3 bucks.

Although I never programmed in prolog, these were too cheap to pass up.

The question is:

Are these books recommended? Or will they scar my understanding of prolog
so horribly that I will be better off without them.

Just figured I'd ask the experts.

Sean O out.

Wed, 01 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 I bought a prolog book

Quote:

>It's called _An Introduction to Programming in Prolog_ by P. Saint-Dizier
>at a discount closeout book store. It was 2 bucks. I also bought _Building
>Expert Systems in Prolog_ by Dennis Merritt for 3 bucks.
>Although I never programmed in prolog, these were too cheap to pass up.
>The question is:
>Are these books recommended? Or will they scar my understanding of prolog
>so horribly that I will be better off without them.

I have a biased view on the subject.  The latter (Building Expert
Systems in Prolog) is written by our head of development.

We sell quite a few copies, and our customers seem to like it.
However, you need to have a solid grounding in Prolog before reading
it.  Although I know nothing about the introductory book you
purchased, it sounds like the right precursor.

You can download the source code to Building Expert Systems in Prolog
at http:/www.amzi.com

Regards,
M. Kroening

 |  Amzi! inc.                                                     Home of  |
 |  40 Samuel Prescott Drive                   Amzi! Prolog + Logic Server  |
 |  Stow, MA 01775    U.S.A.                    (formerly "Cogent Prolog")  |
 |  tel      +1 508 897 7332                                     and other  |
 |  fax      +1 508 897 2784                 prolog & rule-based software,  |

Fri, 10 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. looking to buy 2 APL books

2. Which RealBasic book to buy?

3. Which book should I buy?

4. want to buy forth book..need your exp..

5. Books and where to buy them

6. Want to buy COCO book

7. Want to buy COCO book

8. just bought Cohen's book...Real Chip Design and Verification using Verilog and VHDL

9. just bought Cohen's book...Real Chip Design and Verification using Verilog and VHDL

10. buying books

11. Suggestions on what VHDL books to buy