Need urgent help in Prolog !!
Author Message
 Need urgent help in Prolog !!

Hello,

I am a student at the Paris-Sud University near Paris.
I am looking for a source code in Prolog concerning the pitch problem.

Let me explain it :

I have two pitches (one of 7 liters and one of 5 liters). I must
program the case in order to get one pitch with 4 liters. It is
easy to solve it by hand but not really in Prolog.

I have only three possible operations :

- fill one of them completely
- empty one completely
- fill one with the content of the other

I must not use the following : CUT, FAIL and NOT
The main predicate must be "solution(X)" where X is a list of
[OPERATION, STATE] couple :
 STATE represents the state of one pitch
 OPERATION is an operation that takes to the previous state.

I am looking for such a source code.
I do not know where to find it.

If you could help me, that would be nice.

Yours faithfully,

Antoine Vignau

Thu, 02 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Need urgent help in Prolog !!

Quote:

> Hello,

> I am a student at the Paris-Sud University near Paris.
> I am looking for a source code in Prolog concerning the pitch problem.

>[]

> I am looking for such a source code.
> I do not know where to find it.

> If you could help me, that would be nice.

> Yours faithfully,

> Antoine Vignau

isn't it nice to have someone on the internet who will
do your homework ;-)

HINT: even if you can't use the operators NOT, CUT and FAIL,
      you can write a simple prolog program that uses
      backtracing. Yo are allowed to have clauses that fail because
      their body is not satisfied, right?
      e.g. 'equal(X, Y):- X = Y.' will fail if it is called with
      'equal(4,3).' .

Frank.

Fri, 03 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Life game in prolog - need urgent help!!!!

2. URGENT-help needed-URGENT

3. Prolog Help Urgent plz

4. URGENT!!: Can anyone help me??, with this SWI Prolog program

5. URGENT: Need help with AND binary operation in awk

6. urgent! need help with database bindings

7. Need Help on awk!!!! **** Urgent ****

8. 2nd post Urgent: Need help with FM2.9!

9. urgent help needed

10. clarion 5.5 urgent help needed

11. Help needed... URGENT

12. *URGENT* Help need with data export