Prolog Development Center - Visual Prolog
Author Message
 Prolog Development Center - Visual Prolog

Has anyone had any dealings with Prolog Development Center and Visual
Prolog.

I logged into their site and saw that I could order Visual Prolog for $700
U.S. Dollars. There was an upgrade offer
for Turbo Prolog, fifty dollars off. I ordered the Professional version, and
a copy of the manuals.
What I received was a copy of the Personal version with manuals, which is
useless to me.

Has anyone had any good/bad dealings with them. Am I going to lose my money
or spend the next
year trying to get what I ordered.

 I contacted the toll free number and the regular toll numbers and both
numbers rang three times and then
I got an out of order tone. This isn't looking good is it.

I sent several emails and have not received any replys. Guess I should have
done more research.

Timothy Guimond

Mon, 25 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Prolog Development Center - Visual Prolog
I got their evaluation software and they charged me $50 for shipping a CD
without disclosing that's what they were going to sock me for. No replies to my
emailed complaint.

Dave Conn

Tue, 26 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Prolog Development Center - Visual Prolog
In the Professional Edition, the directory VDESRC contains a number
of subdirectories with source code, which is for building the
integrated development environment (VDE). This code is not supplied
with the freeware Personal Edition. Check it out, you may find that
you have received what you ordered.

My experience with PDC has by and large been positive. That said,
there can be no excuse for ignoring your emails.

Daniel

Quote:
> Has anyone had any dealings with Prolog Development Center and
> Visual Prolog.

> I logged into their site and saw that I could order Visual Prolog
> for $700 U.S. Dollars. There was an upgrade offer for Turbo Prolog,
> fifty dollars off. I ordered the Professional version, and a copy
> of the manuals. What I received was a copy of the Personal version
> with manuals, which is useless to me.

> Has anyone had any good/bad dealings with them. Am I going to lose
> my money or spend the next year trying to get what I ordered.

> I contacted the toll free number and the regular toll numbers and
> both numbers rang three times and then I got an out of order tone.
> This isn't looking good is it.

> I sent several emails and have not received any replys. Guess I
> should have done more research.

> Timothy Guimond

Tue, 26 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Prolog Development Center - Visual Prolog
Thanks for your email. While the 800 number still seems to be screwed up, I
was able
to contact the U.S. office today and they verified that I do have the
Personal version and
they are FedEx-ing the Professional version to me.

I did get an email response this morning at 2:00am, from the Europe office I
guess
and they told call again today and everything would be resolved.

I'm really impressed with the product but I think that both disks looking so
alike is a
little lame. Whatever :-)

Tim

Quote:
> In the Professional Edition, the directory VDESRC contains a number
> of subdirectories with source code, which is for building the
> integrated development environment (VDE). This code is not supplied
> with the freeware Personal Edition. Check it out, you may find that
> you have received what you ordered.

> My experience with PDC has by and large been positive. That said,
> there can be no excuse for ignoring your emails.

> Daniel

> > Has anyone had any dealings with Prolog Development Center and
> > Visual Prolog.

> > I logged into their site and saw that I could order Visual Prolog
> > for $700 U.S. Dollars. There was an upgrade offer for Turbo Prolog,
> > fifty dollars off. I ordered the Professional version, and a copy
> > of the manuals. What I received was a copy of the Personal version
> > with manuals, which is useless to me.

> > Has anyone had any good/bad dealings with them. Am I going to lose
> > my money or spend the next year trying to get what I ordered.

> > I contacted the toll free number and the regular toll numbers and
> > both numbers rang three times and then I got an out of order tone.
> > This isn't looking good is it.

> > I sent several emails and have not received any replys. Guess I
> > should have done more research.

> > Timothy Guimond

Tue, 26 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. E-mail of Prolog Development Center (PDC) ?

2. various Prolog and Visual Prolog problems.

3. Translator from standard PROLOG to Visual Prolog?

4. PDC Prolog / Visual Prolog First Steps Edition +/- points

5. PDC Prolog/Visual Prolog and ISO Standards

6. Amzi-Prolog vs. Visual Prolog

7. PDC prolog and prolog++ (object-prolog)

8. calling Visual C++ or Prolog calling Visual C++

9. Visual Prolog and Visual C++ - Capabilities Comparison

10. how to call visual prolog to visual c++?

11. PDC Visual Prolog and VIsual Basic

12. Prolog/UI Programmer, AI Center, SRI International