WAM queries
Author Message
 WAM queries

Hello,
I need a clarification on the following put instruction please.
I shall use D.H.Warren's notation from his paper An Abstract Prolog
Instruction Set.
put_variable Xn|Yn,Ai :
        For Yn the paper lists the following assignment:
        Ai := Yn := ref_to(Yn)
        For Xn it lists the following:
        Ai := Xn := next_term(H) := tag_ref(H)

Question 1: For the Yn case, ref_to(Yn) puts in Ai a tagged reference or just
            the address of Yn without tag?
Question 2: For the Xn case, Ai, and Xn get the current heap pointer converted
            to a tagged reference, or its raw value? Which is executed first?
            next_term or tag_ref. Compare this with the description of
            put_structure where it is stated the following:
            Ai := tag_struct(H)
            next_term(H) := F (the functor)

I shall appreciate any kind of information. Thanks in advance,

Vassilios E. Axaris
SUNY Buffalo Computer Engineering.

Tue, 28 Jul 1992 00:23:44 GMT

1. MySQL query in PHP: Not query zero amounts also removes null amounts from query

2. clipper query conver to sql query

3. Yet Another PEP: Query Protocol Interface or __query__

4. Yet Another PEP: Query Protocol Interface or __query__

5. Whats a WAM?

6. A functional view of the WAM

7. WAM in Oberon.

8. Public-domain WAM emulator

9. The RAWAM: Relfun-Adapted WAM Emulation in C

10. WAM

11. WAM(M3) in C

12. Wanted: Ait-Kaci's WAM Book