SB-Prolog?
Author Message
 SB-Prolog?

I've checked the FAQs and can't find the info I need:

What ftp site archives the latest version of SB-Prolog?

I am looking for a free prolog to install on a Solaris and a FreeBSD
system.  SB-Prolog is what I used to use for this.  Is it still the correct
choice, or is there a better one?

Advance Thanx,
--

Manager, SNSS              |
A.H. Case Center for CAEM  |  All opinions expressed are mine and

Tue, 06 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 SB-Prolog?
In article 13329 of comp.lang.prolog John Lawitzke writes:

Quote:
> I've checked the FAQs and can't find the info I need:

> What ftp site archives the latest version of SB-Prolog?

> I am looking for a free prolog to install on a Solaris and a FreeBSD
> system.  SB-Prolog is what I used to use for this.  Is it still the
> correct choice, or is there a better one?

> Advance Thanx,

SB-Prolog is no longer supported by Stony Brook or by the University
of Arizona.  Rather, a successor of SB-Prolog, called XSB, is
available on SUN/SPARC (running both SunOS 4.x.x and Solaris 2.x),
NeXT, 386/486/Pentium-based machines (running Linux, 386 BSD, or
NeXTSTEP), SGI, HP machines, DECstations, and IBM RS/6000.  A
DOS/windows port under the Gnu Dos extender is also available.

XSB is a robust system, and should provide nearly all of the
functionality of SB-Prolog while it contains extensive new features.

XSB is available by anonymous ftp from ftp.cs.sunysb.edu and the logic
programming research group of Stony Brook will try to provide any
possible support on XSB.

If you need any help on how to obtain and install XSB, write to

and we will be happy to help you.

Wed, 07 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 SB-Prolog?

Quote:

>I've checked the FAQs and can't find the info I need:

>What ftp site archives the latest version of SB-Prolog?

errr sorry to be posting in this thread but my mailer craps out when
I try and send a new message.

1 question......is there a command for goal backtracking in SB-prolog?
I get a solution to my planner and now I wish it to backtrack a tad
and find the other solutions I know are there.

Unfortunately I need an answer asap, as the project is due next friday
and this is the third prolog interpreter I've used <sigh...damn heap>.

Thanks in advance
Steve.

TOPIC SAVE:  try looking in the ftp archives at CMU I believe they
are up to date...hope this helps.

Thu, 08 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Where can I get c-prolog/sb-prolog

2. SB-Prolog (or other free Prolog for UNIX)

3. SB-Prolog/Sicstus Prolog info. request

4. Prolog-Mode for SB prolog

5. SB-Prolog/Sicstus Prolog Info. Request

6. strings in SB-Prolog

7. Help: SB-Prolog PC version

8. Compiling SB-prolog on a Sun 4

9. To SB-Prolog users