expression simplification
Author Message
 expression simplification

I have recently been working on a project in LISP and started venturing into
prolog on my own.  I have done a similar project in LISP but can't figure out
how to do this in prolog.  Can someone please help?

I need a function that will simplify additive expressions.  I would like it
to return the letters in the expression first and then any numbers.

Lets call it SIM.  For example:

?- SIM(1 + 1 + a,E).
    E=a+2

?- SIM(1 + a + 4 + 2 + b + c,E).
    E=a+b+c+7

?- SIM(3 + x + x + 2,E).
    E=2*x+5

Any help will be greatly appreciated.  Please resplond via Email to:

Thanks!

Mon, 09 May 1994 06:22:53 GMT

1. Algebraic simplification code?

2. Forth-like Simplifications for Native One-Stack Code

3. Simplification

4. Help: Quine-McCluskey Boolean Function Simplification

5. Simplification

6. PS/2 keyboard decoder state machine simplification...

7. Algebraic Simplification Wanted

8. Tkinter simplification?

9. Deductive Closure and Disjunction Simplification

10. Boolean simplification

11. Algebraic simplification

12. Algebraic simplification algorythm wanted.