SWI Prolog Vs GNU Prolog
Author Message
 SWI Prolog Vs GNU Prolog

Hi !

I am a newbie to prolog and I'd like to know what are the advantages and the
disadvantages of GNU Prolog and SWI Prolog (it's for working under C++)

Thanks

Sun, 25 Jul 2004 21:09:14 GMT
 SWI Prolog Vs GNU Prolog

Quote:

>I am a newbie to prolog and I'd like to know what are the advantages and the
>disadvantages of GNU Prolog and SWI Prolog (it's for working under C++)

SWI has two C++ bindings. See http://gollem.swi.psy.uva.nl/twiki/pl/bin/view/FAQ/CppBinding

Hope this helps,

richard
--

Sun, 25 Jul 2004 21:55:47 GMT
 SWI Prolog Vs GNU Prolog

Quote:

> Hi !

> I am a newbie to prolog and I'd like to know what are the advantages and the
> disadvantages of GNU Prolog and SWI Prolog (it's for working under C++)

I'm probably not the ideal person to answer.  I tried GNU Prolog
briefly, it didn't do what I needed, switched to SWI, and I'm nowhere
near up to date on SWI.  So take this as a very sketchy outline of the
differences.

IME, SWI is more standards-compliant.  That was why I switched to it,
because GNU Prolog couldn't handle modules (may now, I don't know).
SWI is also regularly maintained.  It also has better libraries and
toolkits.

GNU Prolog has constraint programming, and is smaller.

HTH

--
Tom Breton at panix.com, username tehom.  http://www.panix.com/~tehom

Mon, 26 Jul 2004 01:48:07 GMT

1. GNU prolog, SWI-prolog and here documents

2. GNU Emacs Interface Elisp for SWI Prolog

3. SWI-Prolog 1.9.2 under GNU autoconf

4. Benchmarking of Trinc-Prolog, SWI-Prolog and VisualProlog(PDC)

5. Prolog IV to SWI-Prolog

6. Prolog choicepoints - Was: Card laying problem in SWI-prolog

7. Syntex: Turbo Prolog and SWI-Prolog

8. Syntex: Turbo Prolog and SWI-Prolog

9. UNSW Prolog and SWI-Prolog

10. SWI-prolog or XSB-prolog

11. XPCE/Prolog (High-level OO X11 with SWI-Prolog)

12. SWI vs Visual Prolog