PDC Prolog / Visual Prolog First Steps Edition +/- points
Author Message
 PDC Prolog / Visual Prolog First Steps Edition +/- points

Hello and many thanks for reading this.

I am developing an interest in Prolog: currently I am using PD
interpreters as I gain some familiarity with the language.

I wonder if any readers of this newsgroup have any familiarity with the
PDC Prolog for DOS or the First Steps version of Visual Prolog, which
seems to be on special offer at the moment.

I am looking for a good, stable and affordable implementation of Prolog
to use in my retirement years.  So far *some* of the PDC versions are
within my grasp but I would welcome first hand observations of these
before committing myself.

Clearly, I would welcome info on any other Prolog products which I as an
individual might be able to afford. (Amazing how interesting price
becomes when the purchase is personal rather than institutional!)

It would be splendid to be able to access data in dBase  *.dbf files.

Many thanks in advance for your help. I do appreciate it. Please email
me direct in order to reduce pressure on the system.
--

Sat, 06 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 PDC Prolog / Visual Prolog First Steps Edition +/- points

Quote:

> Hello and many thanks for reading this.

> I am developing an interest in Prolog: currently I am using PD
> interpreters as I gain some familiarity with the language.

> I wonder if any readers of this newsgroup have any familiarity with the
> PDC Prolog for DOS or the First Steps version of Visual Prolog, which
> seems to be on special offer at the moment.

> I am looking for a good, stable and affordable implementation of Prolog
> to use in my retirement years.  So far *some* of the PDC versions are
> within my grasp but I would welcome first hand observations of these
> before committing myself.

> Clearly, I would welcome info on any other Prolog products which I as an
> individual might be able to afford. (Amazing how interesting price
> becomes when the purchase is personal rather than institutional!)

> It would be splendid to be able to access data in dBase  *.dbf files.

> Many thanks in advance for your help. I do appreciate it. Please email
> me direct in order to reduce pressure on the system.
> --

I'm using Visual Prolog for more than one year and
didn't see any more transparent environment for
Windows Programming.
Please contact me if you need more info about this.
No problem to read any ODBC database and understand
how Windows programms do communicate with each other
(DLL, DDE and others).
Regards,
Serg

Sun, 07 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 PDC Prolog / Visual Prolog First Steps Edition +/- points

Quote:

> I'm using Visual Prolog for more than one year and
> didn't see any more transparent environment for
> Windows Programming.
> Please contact me if you need more info about this.
> No problem to read any ODBC database and understand
> how Windows programms do communicate with each other
> (DLL, DDE and others).
> Regards,
> Serg

I am currently using Arity/Prolog for DOS development, but I am always
interested
in evaluation of other implementations.
Do you know where I can find more info on Visual Prolog? A Web page
maybe?
Regards,
Stathis.

Sun, 07 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 PDC Prolog / Visual Prolog First Steps Edition +/- points

Quote:

>I wonder if any readers of this newsgroup have any familiarity with the
>PDC Prolog for DOS or the First Steps version of Visual Prolog, which
>seems to be on special offer at the moment.

  I have used the various DOS incarnations of PDC Prolog (a.k.a. Turbo
Prolog at one time) and have been extremely happy with the range of
facilities and the user interface tools provided with the package.

  I've also used Visual Prolog and and just getting into it, but it seems
stable and also has lots of user interface tools ... plus it builds upon
the older DOS tools (source code included with VP) as well.

  The conceptual leap from Pascal to Prolog seems about as great as that
from DOS prolog to Windows prolog programming, though.  Since you're
retired,  you'll have plenty of time to learn the new paradigms!

  Enjoy!

  Harrison Pratt

Sun, 07 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 PDC Prolog / Visual Prolog First Steps Edition +/- points

Quote:

> I am currently using Arity/Prolog for DOS development, but I am always
> interested
> in evaluation of other implementations.
> Do you know where I can find more info on Visual Prolog? A Web page
> maybe?
> Regards,
> Stathis.Hi,

Please go to http://www.pdc.dk
Regards,
Serg.
P.S. By the way, Visual Prolog is a
General-Protection-Fault-Free compiler - it is mean
that until you do not use any external code the code
by VP is BUG FREE.
Logic of course can have bugs, but you will not have
a GPF (common poroblem) under Window.
Serg

Sun, 07 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 PDC Prolog / Visual Prolog First Steps Edition +/- points

Quote:
>Do you know where I can find more info on Visual Prolog? A Web page

maybe?

Try:     http://www.pdc.dk

Sun, 07 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 PDC Prolog / Visual Prolog First Steps Edition +/- points

Quote:
>Do you know where I can find more info on Visual Prolog? A Web page
>maybe?
>Regards,
>Stathis.

Hi Stathis,

http://www.pdc.dk

Enjoy,

Greg Bourassa

Sun, 14 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. PDC Prolog/Visual Prolog and ISO Standards

2. PDC prolog and prolog++ (object-prolog)

3. PDC Visual Prolog and VIsual Basic

4. Benchmarking of Trinc-Prolog, SWI-Prolog and VisualProlog(PDC)

5. PDC Visual Prolog & Logtalk

6. PDC visual prolog any good ?

7. Visual Prolog Patch at www.pdc.dk

8. Visual Prolog - PDC Announces Shipment

9. Help with PDC VIsual Prolog

10. Visual Prolog Personal Edition as freeware

11. The Visual Prolog Personal Edition can now be downloaded

12. Prolog Development Center - Visual Prolog