Freeze/findall interaction
Author Message
 Freeze/findall interaction

Does anyone know of any posted discussion of the interaction between
freeze and all solution predicates?  E.g., if findall freezes a variable
during (attempted) execution of one of its solution goals,
should/should-not
that freeeze be destroyed (i.e., completely removed from existence) on
backtracking?

My Alta Vista search
        +prolog +freeze +findall
mostly produced bogus hits on prolog systems manual pages; there were
a few references to (apparent) mail on
            http://www.*-*-*.com/
but that server seems to be down.

TIA
--
|| Ken Bowen      Applied Logic Systems, Inc.         PO Box 180,
||====            Voice:  +1 (617)965-9191            Newton Centre,
||                FAX:    +1 (617)965-1636            MA  02159  USA

Mon, 12 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Freeze/findall interaction

Quote:
>Does anyone know of any posted discussion of the interaction between
>freeze and all solution predicates?  E.g., if findall freezes a variable
>during (attempted) execution of one of its solution goals,
>should/should-not
>that freeeze be destroyed (i.e., completely removed from existence) on
>backtracking?

>My Alta Vista search
>    +prolog +freeze +findall
>mostly produced bogus hits on prolog systems manual pages; there were
>a few references to (apparent) mail on
>       http://clement.info.umoncton.ca/pub/PrologDigest/86
>but that server seems to be down.

The server has a reasonably good `uptime history', unless
the link itself (which is not in my hand :-)) goes down.
However, you might want to try the following alternatives

http://jupiter.info.umoncton.ca/
http://eve.info.umoncton.ca:8080/

as the server is under presure due to the unusually large
number BinProlog 5.40 downloads as well as some Java stuff
(Linda Term Server) related accesses.

I remember that

pub/PrologDigest/86

might be a very large file, containing 1 year of Prolog discussions
from Usenet, covering good old 1986 when Prolog comp.lang.prolog
was about as hot as comp.lang.java is today :-).
I would suggest also trying the ftp link

ftp://eve.info.umoncton.ca/pub/PrologDigest

in case the http links cause problems.

Paul Tarau

Tue, 13 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. patch for string.findall (why not, theres an re.findall)

2. Where is /pat/g (Perl) and findall() (Python )?

3. Where is /pat/g (Perl) and findall() (Python)?

4. Regular Expression: Bug in findall?

5. AttributeError in re.findAll ?

6. Bug in re.findall()?

7. Way to return a dictionary from re.findall?

8. re findall mod for issue of side effects

9. Alex Martinelli's solution to regular expression/findall problem

10. Problem with re.findall?????!!!!!!!!!!

11. HELP findall please???

12. findall???