Concept Languages (was:Re: Paper Available: Theorem Proving, Concept Languages)
Author Message
 Concept Languages (was:Re: Paper Available: Theorem Proving, Concept Languages)

|> Automated Deduction Techniques for Classification in Concept Languages
|>
|> Concept Language systems provide a
|> formalism for expressing knowledge based on concepts and roles.
|> Subsumption checking is one important reasoning faculty offered by such
|> sytems.

Could somebody offer any references to such Concept Languages ?
If there is enough feedback, I'll provide a summary.

Thanks in advance,

 Holger

--
*** Holger Schauer :-

          www( http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~schauer).

(-: I think sex is better than logic but I can't prove it. :-)

Sun, 12 Apr 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Concept Languages (was:Re: Paper Available: Theorem Proving, Concept Languages)

Quote:

>|> Automated Deduction Techniques for Classification in Concept Languages
>|>
>|> Concept Language systems provide a
>|> formalism for expressing knowledge based on concepts and roles.
>|> Subsumption checking is one important reasoning faculty offered by such
>|> sytems.
>Could somebody offer any references to such Concept Languages ?
>If there is enough feedback, I'll provide a summary.

Concept languages - as referred to in the cited paper - are derivates
of the KL-ONE knowledge representation formalism. They are also known
under the names:

        - Term Subsumption Languages
        - Terminological Logics
        - Description Logics

The cited paper contains some references. I include some additional
(i.e  just the ones I could grap quickly) below:

Ronald J. Brachman and James G. Schmolze.
An overview of the {KL-ONE} knowledge representation system.
{\em Cognitive Science}, 9(2):171--216, April 1985.

B. Nebel and Ch. Peltason.
Terminological {R}easoning and {I}nformation {M}anagement.
{KIT} {R}eport 85, Department of Computer Science, Technische
 Universit{\"a}t Berlin, Berlin, Germany, October 1990.

Bernhard Nebel.
{\em Reasoning and Revision in Hybrid Representation Systems}, volume
 422 of {\em Lecture Notes in Artificail Intelligence}.
Springer-Verlag, Berlin, Germany, 1990.

Charles Rich.
Special issue on implemented knowledge representation and reasoning
systems.
{\em SIGART Bulletin}, 2(3), June 1991.

Th. Hoppe and C. Kindermann and J.J. Quantz and A. Schmiedel and M. Fischer
BACK V5 - Tutorial & Manual
{KIT} {R}eport 100, Department of Computer Science, Technische
 Universit{\"a}t Berlin, Berlin, Germany, March 1993.

Regards,

        Thomas Hoppe

--

Technical University Berlin             phone : +49-30-314-24108
Sekr. Fr 6-10, Franklinstr. 28/29       fax   : +49-30-314-73622

Mon, 13 Apr 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Physical concepts lead to Abstract concepts

2. Physical concepts lead to Abstract concepts

3. VO Language and Concept.

4. The concept of functional language

5. Concept for entity description language

6. concepts of programming languages

7. Wanted: Technical term for a programming language concept

8. SUMMARY - Wanted: Technical term for a programming language concept

9. Wanted: Technical term for a programming language concept

10. Wanted: Technical term for a programming language concept

11. Course on Programming Language Concepts

12. The Fundamental Concept of Programming language X