Prolog compiler written in Prolog
Author Message
 Prolog compiler written in Prolog

for teaching and academic applications, we are looking for
sources of a Prolog compiler written in Prolog.
we are already working on modular extensions of Prolog (in
interpretative mode)but now
we intend to work in compile mode.So we want to learn and
practise about compilation.
any help will be welcome.
post or mail to: ...!mcvax!inria!vmucnam!daniel

Fri, 19 Mar 1993 12:48:00 GMT
 Prolog compiler written in Prolog

Quote:
>    for teaching and academic applications, we are looking for
>    sources of a Prolog compiler written in Prolog.
>    we are already working on modular extensions of Prolog (in
>    interpretative mode)but now
>    we intend to work in compile mode.So we want to learn and
>    practise about compilation.
>    any help will be welcome.
>    post or mail to: ...!mcvax!inria!vmucnam!daniel

I've been using a public-domain implementation called "sbprolog", from S.K.
Debray at the University of Arizona.  It's reasonably fast, and a bunch of
the system is written in prolog (including the compiler; it compiles to WAM
byte-codes).  It allows mixing of interpreted and compiled code, debugging,
and given the source code you can easily create builtin predicates.  I'm not a
prolog expert (yet ;-), but find the debugging hooks, speed, features, etc
sufficient.  It seems reasonably robust, although I've found a few problems
that have been easily corrected.  I think it will port easily to any
4.2/4.3bsd system, and with some fuss to System V.  And you certainly can't
argue about the price ;-)  There is also some rumor the GNU folks will
be picking up this version of prolog.

I intend to put a copy in netlib at Argonne Lab soon; prior to that, you
might contact S.K. Debray at the U. of Arizona (arizona!debray), or myself at
sequent!rbk.

Hope this helps.

                                        Bob Beck
                                        Sequent Computer Systems
                                        ...!sequent!rbk
                                        (503)626-5700

Fri, 19 Mar 1993 18:19:00 GMT

1. Prolog tools/compilers for the Prolog 1000

2. need documentation about writing prolog compiler

3. Writing a prolog compiler

4. Compilers written in Prolog

5. compiler writing using PROLOG

6. compiler writing in Prolog

7. compiler (real) written in prolog

8. Prolog Compilers written in C

9. PDC prolog and prolog++ (object-prolog)

10. Prolog Comparison Charts; Prolog Embeddings

11. SWI Prolog Vs GNU Prolog

12. SICStus Prolog + Java/Prolog + Jasper