complier
Author Message
 complier

I haven't worked in prolog in couple of years the last package I've
used is Turbo Prolog 2.0.  Has an upgrade been issued?  I heard that
the rights to the code had been sold or transferred to company in
Lousiana? Are there other compliers available for PC? Any ideas on
cost and os requirements?

thanks

Paul Ness

R&D Technologist
Cycor Communications Inc.
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Wed, 22 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 complier

Quote:
> I haven't worked in prolog in couple of years the last package I've
> used is Turbo Prolog 2.0.  Has an upgrade been issued?  I heard that
> the rights to the code had been sold or transferred to company in
> Lousiana? Are there other compliers available for PC? Any ideas on
> cost and os requirements?

Borland's Turbo Prolog always really was PDC Prolog, developed by the Prolog
Development Center in Copenhagen, Denmark.

    http://www.pdc.dk

When Borland dropped the extremes of their language range (Turbo Basic and Turbo
Prolog), PDC continued with it.

Their latest product release is Visual Prolog for Windows (just a week ago, in
fact!).  Before that, the product you know had evolved to version 3.31a.

PDC maintains an office in Atlanta for the USA and Canada, and you should contact
it.

    Prolog Development Center/Atlanta
    568 14th Street
    Atlanta, GA.  30318    USA.

    Tel (404) 873 1366
    Fax (404) 872 5243
    BBS (404) 872 5358

    Compuserve Forum: PCVENB Section 11

    Pres & Sysop: Michael Alexander
        cis:75300,165

Melbourne, Australia.

Fri, 24 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 complier

Quote:

> I haven't worked in prolog in couple of years the last package I've
> used is Turbo Prolog 2.0.  Has an upgrade been issued?

    Yes. The latest version is called Visual Prolog. There is some
information, including pricing, on http://www.pdc.dk/pdc/
    In about one weeks time PDC's WEB pages will be updated to reflect
   the release of the new product and to improve support for it.

I heard that

Quote:
> the rights to the code had been sold or transferred to company in
> Lousiana?

    No, but Prolog Development Center (PDC) does have an American
distributon and development center in Atlanta

Are there other compliers available for PC? Any ideas on

Quote:
> cost and os requirements?
>The FAQs from this newsgroup should help you here.
> thanks

> Paul Ness

> R&D Technologist
> Cycor Communications Inc.
> http://www.cycor.ca/Regards

Jonathan Lerwill

Fri, 24 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 complier
Some prologs, (Quintus, SWI and Amzi!Prolog, for example), support
an "abolish(Predicate,Arity)" predicate.  Check your manual.

Sat, 25 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Using GNU C complier as the "default" windows complier

2. Palm Pilot Complier?

3. Smalltalk Complier

4. HELP! I need a smalltalk complier

5. How Complier Borland C

6. de-complier for Clipp

7. de-complier for Clipper

8. Complier switches for Clipper 5.3 and MSC8.0

9. suggestions for Forth complier.interpreter

10. Modula 2 complier for HP-UX ??

11. System 3 & Oberon(-2) complier

12. PL/I Complier Vendors wanted