Amzi!Prolog + VB onto Web ?
Author Message
 Amzi!Prolog + VB onto Web ?

I have already developed a VB application with Amzi! Prolog on Win95
platform.
How would you suggest me to migrate the application onto Web ?
Since VB is web-enabled, can I simply put the application along with
Prolog Logic Server onto the web by using VB 5 or 6 ?

Any answer will be appreciated, thanks.
Lincoln

Sat, 25 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Amzi!Prolog + VB onto Web ?
What do you mean when you say that VB is web-enabled?  You can build
web-enabled (read can run in the web browser) applications/components with
VB, but all applications/components you build with VB are not inherently
web-enabled.  What you end up doing would depend on a number of issues,
including:

    1. How many concurrent users?
    2. What client browser?
    3. Database involved?  If yes, which?

These are just a few of the questions you would have to answer in deciding
which technology or combination of web technologies to use.  Your options
include:  DHTML, WebClasses, ActiveX Documents, CGI, ASP or any combination
of the above (and there are other things out there also).

Quote:

>I have already developed a VB application with Amzi! Prolog on Win95
>platform.
>How would you suggest me to migrate the application onto Web ?
>Since VB is web-enabled, can I simply put the application along with
>Prolog Logic Server onto the web by using VB 5 or 6 ?

>Any answer will be appreciated, thanks.
>Lincoln

Sat, 25 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Amzi Prolog for the Web

2. Amzi Prolog versus LPA Prolog.

3. Amzi-Prolog vs. Visual Prolog

4. Log onto other machine via the web

5. writing output listing onto screen (or not) and onto file

6. Searching Amzi Prolog with Smalltalk examples

7. Amzi Prolog - Newbie Question

8. Amzi Prolog - Warplan exame: extending it

9. Amzi! Prolog

10. Random in Amzi Prolog

11. How Do I: Browser-Enable Amzi Prolog Program

12. Amzi Prolog and SQL Server