artificial life simulation in prolog??
Author Message
 artificial life simulation in prolog??

how difficult is it to code an artificial life simulation in prolog?? i
know c, c++..but have never had any experience with prolog before..

i will simulate sharks and fishes in the ocean ecosystem..each have
lifetime, energy etc..with an initial number..food resources etc..

do you think it is possible tocode this in prolog????

  regards, jesimd

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Tue, 17 Jun 2003 21:13:26 GMT
 artificial life simulation in prolog??

Quote:

> how difficult is it to code an artificial life simulation in prolog?? i
> know c, c++..but have never had any experience with prolog before..

> i will simulate sharks and fishes in the ocean ecosystem..each have
> lifetime, energy etc..with an initial number..food resources etc..

> do you think it is possible tocode this in prolog????

>   regards, jesimd

> Sent via Deja.com
> http://www.deja.com/

Short answer to the question : YES (I do not see any reason why this
program could not be coded in prolog).

Long answer : These kinds of simulations are best done in C or C++.
Prolog strength lies in working with natural language, handling systems
with a lot of rules...  These simulations require dynamically allocating
large arrays, which prolog can do but not optimally (you dont assign
values to variables in Prolog, you gives rules which the system handles).

Other people may have different opinions.

ELevac

Fri, 20 Jun 2003 09:59:57 GMT
 artificial life simulation in prolog??

Quote:
> how difficult is it to code an artificial life simulation in prolog??

> i will simulate sharks and fishes in the ocean ecosystem..each have
> lifetime, energy etc..with an initial number..food resources etc..

> do you think it is possible tocode this in prolog????

We planed to make such a program in Strawberry Prolog but we still
are not started. The main in our program will be the nice interface
(like in a computer game) which will give you the possibility to
watch the life in your artificial world.

Maybe for you will be interesting to take a look at the game Life
which is one of the examples included in Strawberry Prolog and
maybe you will like to read our definition of AI which is on the
address: http://dobrev.com/AI/definition.html.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Mon, 23 Jun 2003 00:10:46 GMT

1. help :::artificial life simulation using PROLOG

2. Artificial life with Prolog

3. Source copyable software is better than artificial life

4. Artificial Life

5. Artificial Life in Tcl/Tk

6. Source copyable software is better than artificial life

7. Life game in prolog - need urgent help!!!!

8. Life in Prolog.

9. The Game of Life in Prolog???

10. life in Prolog

11. A-Life or E-life