Compiled prolog for Unix?
Author Message
 Compiled prolog for Unix?

  I was wondering if anyone knew of any prolog compilers that are available
for Unix.  I'm looking for something that can compile Quintus source with
little or no modification.  And, as always, the cheaper the better!  :)
Thanks,
  -Matt
--

Sat, 07 May 1994 13:01:39 GMT
 Compiled prolog for Unix?

Quote:

>  I was wondering if anyone knew of any prolog compilers that are available
>for Unix.  I'm looking for something that can compile Quintus source with
>little or no modification.  And, as always, the cheaper the better!  :)

I assume you want to compile to machine code, in that case: yes. If you
run on SUN-3 / SUN-4 machines, you can try SICStus Prolog. I believe
the SICStus native code compiler can handle some other host systems too, but I don't know the details.

--

Swedish Institute of Computer Science           Phone (intn'l): +46 8 752 15 09
Box 1263                                        Telefon (nat'l): 08 - 752 15 09

Sat, 07 May 1994 19:16:18 GMT
 Compiled prolog for Unix?

   I assume you want to compile to machine code, in that case: yes. If you
   run on SUN-3 / SUN-4 machines, you can try SICStus Prolog. I believe
   the SICStus native code compiler can handle some other host systems too, but I don't know the details.

The native code compiler works on the NeXT too.  It makes up for not
having a Sparc II.

-Mike

Sun, 08 May 1994 05:26:21 GMT

1. Fastest UNIX Prolog/Prolog benchmarks?

2. SB-Prolog (or other free Prolog for UNIX)

3. A good free/trial prolog IDE for compiling and loading wordnet prolog database

4. Compiling J7 under Unix

5. How can I compile a clipper program to run on a UNIX machine

6. Compiling scm under Digital Unix 4.0

7. Compiling Ruby 1.6.7 on TRU64 Unix V4.0F

8. Compiling Microfocus RTS on SCO Unix

9. MF-COBOL Compile problems under UNIX

10. Microfocus, Unix and compiling

11. running compiled mac code on unix f77 sys

12. NEED HELP with compiling Ada/Ed on UNIX PC