calling Visual C++ or Prolog calling Visual C++
Author Message
 calling Visual C++ or Prolog calling Visual C++

Does prolog support COM?
thanks, Richard

   -**** Posted from RemarQ, http://www.*-*-*.com/ ****-
 Real Discussions for Real People

Wed, 21 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 calling Visual C++ or Prolog calling Visual C++
It would depend on the Implementation.  I don't know of any Prologs that
[currently] fully support COM.  I use Visual Prolog to build AX components
by either linking the Prolog obj's with VC++5.0 or wrapping Visual Prolog
DLL's with COM using VC++ or VB.   Visual Prolog v6 is supposed to have some
degree of direct COM support built-in.  Ideally it should be able to create
and host both Automation objects (IDispatch and ConnectionPoints) and
V-Table components, STA and MTA apartment threading models. I'm really
looking forward to this release.

Brad
--

Free ActiveX Controls:
xStrings - Useful string methods and Regular Expressions!

> Does prolog support COM?
> thanks, Richard

>    -**** Posted from RemarQ, http://www.remarq.com/?b ****-
>  Real Discussions for Real People

Wed, 28 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. how to call visual prolog to visual c++?

2. Calling Ada from C++ (MS Visual C++)

3. Visual Prolog and Visual C++ - Capabilities Comparison

4. Prolog and C (or C++ or visual C++)

5. Need Visual Age, Visual Works, and Visual Wave Smalltalk mentors and developers and C++ designers/developers

6. Creating and Calling LabVIEW DLLs with Various Data Types from Visual C++

7. calling a function with pointers from Visual C/C++

8. calling MS Visual C++ function from MASM

9. Calling a NT COBOL DLL (NetExpress) from Visual C++ 5.0

10. C++ Calling Compaq Visual FORTRAN

11. Visual C++ calling Fortran / DVF 6.1: error LNK2001

12. Calling Visual C++ routines from FORTRAN, Help