Solving symbolic equations in Prolog
Author Message
 Solving symbolic equations in Prolog

Hi everybody,

As the title says I am looking for some leads about solving symbolic
equations system written in Prolog (or anything else that can be called
from Prolog). It is for a pet project of mine.
I spent some time with the search engines w/o success.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Simeon

Fri, 30 May 2003 09:25:43 GMT
 Solving symbolic equations in Prolog

Quote:
> As the title says I am looking for some leads about solving symbolic
> equations system written in Prolog (or anything else that can be
called
> from Prolog). It is for a pet project of mine.
> I spent some time with the search engines w/o success.

You should use Google.  First reply given my first try of "symbolic math
in prolog" is:

Algebra: Computer algebra system implemented in Prolog
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs/project/ai-repository/ai/lang/prolog/code/m
ath/algebra/0.html

jim
James P. White             Netscape DevEdge Champion for IFC
IFC Exchange  -  Insanely great Java  -  http://www.ifcx.org

Sun, 22 Jun 2003 19:22:24 GMT
 Solving symbolic equations in Prolog

Quote:
> As the title says I am looking for some leads about solving symbolic
> equations system written in Prolog (or anything else that can be
> called from Prolog). It is for a pet project of mine.
> I spent some time with the search engines w/o success.
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Maybe for you will be interesting to take a look at the program
Calculator which is one of the examples included in Strawberry
Prolog. This program makes some symbolical calculations.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Mon, 23 Jun 2003 00:15:14 GMT

1. solve symbolic equation using Tcl/tk

2. Use of Prolog IV for solving differential equations

3. where to find PRESS (Prolog Equation Solving System) ?

4. Symbolic Logic Problem Solving in Prolog

5. Differential Equation Solving Help

6. Solving Coefficients for Non-Linear Equation

7. Solve system of nonlinear equations?

8. Solving model of nonlinear equations

9. solving simultaneous equations

10. Solving equation for a variable