Logic Programming Newsletter
Author Message
 Logic Programming Newsletter

I have just today received Volume 2 Issue 2 (Oct/Nov 1988) of the
Logic Programming Newsletter.  There is a new column in this issue,
called "Net Talk".  This consists of messages which have been
posted to this newsgroup and the Prolog Digest on various topics.

You should consult a Real Lawyer (tm) before believing any of this,
but my understanding is that the copyright of a message remains with
the author, and the fact that something has been broadcast over this
or any other network no more puts it into the public domain than
the fact that something has been broadcast over the radio puts it
into the public domain.  "Fair use" would I think cover the practice
of quoting parts of a message you are replying to.

I don't know whether any of the other people involved were asked for
permission to print their messages in the Newsletter.  I **wasn't**.
Permission would have been given, and is now retrospectively given.
But it is at the least good manners to ask.  (Yes, I too have been
guilty of quoting someone's letter without approval, but not since
I was rebuked for it.)  I certainly would not have agreed to text
which was designed for 80-column display being squeezed into 3-inch
columns; that does _terrible_ things to the layout.  And if I had
been asked for permission to quote my messages on the Monkey-and-
Bananas thing, I could have supplied the Logic Programming Newsletter
with the iterative-deepening version.

I would like to point out that Mark Epperson of the Prolog Forum
_does_ ask.

Wed, 19 May 1993 08:05:00 GMT
 Logic Programming Newsletter

Quote:

> I have just today received Volume 2 Issue 2 (Oct/Nov 1988) of the
> Logic Programming Newsletter.  There is a new column in this issue,
> called "Net Talk".  This consists of messages which have been
> posted to this newsgroup and the Prolog Digest on various topics.
> I would like to point out that Mark Epperson of the Prolog Forum
> _does_ ask.

        We only get the comp.lang.prolog newsgroup.  What are the
Prolog Digest and the Prolog Forum?  How does one subscribe to them?
Thanks.

-Mike

Wed, 19 May 1993 17:33:00 GMT

1. Logic Programming Newsletter

2. Logic Programming Newsletter

3. PROgramming in LOGic: LOGIC knowledge desirable??

4. CFP: PLILP93 Programming Language Implementation and Logic Programming

5. CFP: PLILP'93 (Programming Language Implementation and Logic Programming)

6. Logic Programming as an Introductory Programming Paradigm

7. Logic Programming an Introductory Programming Paradigm

8. Program Dependence Graph for logic programs ?

9. PhD Programs in Logic Programming

10. Final Program --- ILPS 93 WORKSHOP ON PROGRAMMING WITH LOGIC DATABASES

11. CFP: PLILP93 Programming Language Implementation and Logic Programming

12. CFP: PLILP'93 (Programming Language Implementation and Logic Programming)