Request: Graphical Relation Maker Tool
Author Message
 Request: Graphical Relation Maker Tool

Required:

  * Windows or X based interface;
  * User able to label boxes and connect them with lines and arrows;
  * User able to label arrows or use different colored/textured
    arrows;
  * User able to position boxes and labels on screen
  * Logical connections maintained -- user moves objects => arrows
    connected to them move;
  * Color;
  * API allows external program to obtain logical connections of
    diagram and labels attached to boxes and arrows;

[Minimal requirement is that user can SAVE/RESTORE diagrams as files,
and the file is formatted (and the format documented) at a logical
level. Desirable is an API that reports changes (again at the logical
level) as the user modifies a diagram.]

Desirable:

  * Runs on PCs or Unix boxes;
  * API allows our programs to make all gestures allowed to the user;
[We might care about creating objects and setting their attributes, but
not about setting the position of the mouse cursor or entering a
keyboard character input.]
  * Control transferred to our programs through API;
  * Text associated with objects on the screen (not just short names);
  * API in Common Lisp (?)

--
Terrence Brannon, Neuroscience & Information Science Depts

home: (213) 764-9845 office - Fridays: (310) 822-1511 #308
U.S. Mail: 2629 Portland St. #306-B, Los Angeles, CA 90007

Sun, 19 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Request for graphical demo/examples for ISE Eiffel

2. Request for graphical demo/examples for ISE Eiffel3

3. Graphical Object Designer tool?

4. Help wanted finding a graphical state diagram tool

5. Announce: Graphical visualization tools for python and VTK.

6. Graphical view tool for hierarchical modules connection (Verilog)?

7. HDL Graphical Engry Tools

8. Help wanted finding a graphical state diagram tool

9. Graphical Tools?

10. What graphical state machine tools are people using?

11. What graphical state machine tools are people using?

12. HDL Graphical Engry Tools