Multiparadigm features in Elisa
Author Message
 Multiparadigm features in Elisa

Elisa is a language which tries to integrate the best features of
procedural, object-oriented, functional, and logic languages into one
coherent linguistic framework. As an illustration we will show how a
definition for a number of concentric circles can be written:

    ConcentricCircles (Point, Number = integer) -> multi (Circle);
    ConcentricCircles (P, N) = Circle (P, 1 .. N);

This definition is based on features of three different paradigms:

* the concept of objects and classes as used in object-oriented
programming. In this example we use objects of the  'class' Circle.

* the concept of multiple values, as used in logic programming.

* functions, as used in functional programming.

More details are available at:

http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~jklunder/elisa/part01/doc100.html#10.5

I like to hear if there are other languages with the same kinds of
capabilities.

Jan Klunder

More about Elisa:     http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~jklunder/

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Mon, 02 Jun 2003 23:11:16 GMT
 Multiparadigm features in Elisa
May be in this forum I should add the question:

How can ConcentricCircles be defined in Prolog?

Quote:
> Jan Klunder

> More about Elisa:    http://www.xs4all.nl/~jklunder/

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Wed, 25 Jun 2003 20:57:05 GMT
 Multiparadigm features in Elisa

Quote:
>May be in this forum I should add the question:

>How can ConcentricCircles be defined in Prolog?

concentriccircles( A, B ) :-
    circle( A ),
    circle( B ),
    centre( A, X ),
    centre( B, X ).

Nick
--

Thu, 26 Jun 2003 04:30:28 GMT

1. Multiparadigm features in Elisa

2. Multiparadigm Programming

3. Multiparadigm programming

4. CFP: MultiCPL'03 - WS on Multiparadigm Constraint Programming Languages

5. Elisa

6. Elisa

7. Opinions of Elisa

8. Opinions of Elisa