*** An inference engine ***
Author Message
 *** An inference engine ***

--

 Hi there,

 does anybody know how to write an inference engine, rule-based system like,
 in PROLOG ?

        thanx in advance

        Paolo

Fri, 18 Aug 1995 02:24:18 GMT
 *** An inference engine ***

Quote:

>--
> Hi there,
> does anybody know how to write an inference engine, rule-based system like,
> in PROLOG ?

My book, Building Expert Systems in Prolog (Springer-Verlag) has detailed
descriptions of a number of expert system shells written in Prolog,
including forward chaining and backward chaining, uncertainty,
explanations, frame-based knowledge representation, object-oriented user
interface, and for fun, a Rubik's Cube solver.  Full source code for all
the systems is available as well.

You can get it direct from us with the disk, or the book alone (which
includes the text of the source code) from your closest technical book store.

--
Dennis Merritt
Amziod -- Prolog Software, Wooden Toys & Books

Fri, 18 Aug 1995 12:55:59 GMT
 *** An inference engine ***

Quote:

> Date: 28 Feb 93 18:24:18 GMT

>  does anybody know how to write an inference engine, rule-based system like,
>  in PROLOG ?

Try the examples in

Chris Thornton \& Benedict du Boulay (1992)
    {\em Artificial Intelligence Through Search }
    Kluwer Academic (Paperback version Intellect Books)
    % Dordrecht Netherlands & Norwell, MA USA (Intellect at Oxford)
    % ISBN 1-871516-24-2
    % ISBN 0-7923-1868-4

If you buy the book you can get the code free from the publisher.

If you have Poplog you can ask Sussex University to provide a copy
of their local Poplog prolog teaching files which have lots of
examples, including more than one type of expert system.
Aaron
---
--
Aaron Sloman,
School of Computer Science, The University of Birmingham, B15 2TT, England

Phone: +44-(0)21-414-3711       Fax:   +44-(0)21-414-4281

Sun, 20 Aug 1995 06:54:35 GMT

1. HUMBLE inference engine

2. Fuzzy Inference Engine

3. Fuzzy Inference Engine

4. Inference Engine for SmallTalk

5. VW inference engine

6. ST inference engine

7. Smalltalk type annotation or type inference engine ?

8. Rule-based Inference Engine in TCL ??

9. SIE : Simple Inference Engine - Update 1.11

10. Simple Inference Engine in Ruby

11. inference engine

12. ANNOUNCEMENT: Jinni - a new multi-threaded, Internet ready Java inference engine