Amzi Prolog for the Web
Author Message
 Amzi Prolog for the Web

Hi!
Does anybody of You use Amzi Prolog for Web? Is this possible
using it just as CGI script? AFAIK they offered WebLS, but
now I do not know this product anymore.
Regards,
Tomasz

Tue, 18 Jan 2005 21:59:53 GMT
 Amzi Prolog for the Web
Hi,

Amzi! 6.2 also includes a Java Servlet interface and ASP and JSP examples.
Java Servlets (as well as ASP) allow the Amzi! Logic Server (Prolog engine)
to remain instantiated across web page submits, so it saves reloading the
engine (although the Amzi! engine is not very large).

Some of our large commercial customers often make their own stand-alone
Prolog servers using a variety of methods such as COM, CORBA, RPC, etc.
Instead of providing a generic Prolog interface, they build application
specific interfaces. For example, the calling interface for a shipping
expert system would take the package size, weight, destination, delivery
days, etc. and return a list of possible options with prices. So instead of
using the Logic Server class directly, these customers extend the class to
meet their specific needs which can be more efficient. The 6.2 release of
Amzi! is designed to be used in high-performance web applications and has
many internal improvements.

WebLS has been replaced by KnowledgeWright which is also free for academic
and personal use. Like Amzi! it provides a CGI interface as well as a Java
Servlet interface. KW also allows you to embed knowledgebases in any
application (VB, Delphi, C++) and it provides a full GUI to design, develop,
debug and maintain knowledgebases. You can download a copy from
www.amzi.com/download.

Regards,
Mary Kroening

Quote:
> Hi!
> Does anybody of You use Amzi Prolog for Web? Is this possible
> using it just as CGI script? AFAIK they offered WebLS, but
> now I do not know this product anymore.
> Regards,
> Tomasz

Fri, 04 Feb 2005 01:09:24 GMT
 Amzi Prolog for the Web
I forgot to mention that KnowledgeWright also has a flexible reasoning
engine architecture. There are two engines currently available, a
general-purpose one suitable for advisory and rules applications
(KnowledgeWright Guide) and a tech support one (KnowledgeWright Suupport).
We have built custom engines for career matching and workout planning. You
can download either or both.

Regards,
Mary Kroening

Quote:
> Hi,

> Amzi! 6.2 also includes a Java Servlet interface and ASP and JSP examples.
> Java Servlets (as well as ASP) allow the Amzi! Logic Server (Prolog
engine)
> to remain instantiated across web page submits, so it saves reloading the
> engine (although the Amzi! engine is not very large).

> Some of our large commercial customers often make their own stand-alone
> Prolog servers using a variety of methods such as COM, CORBA, RPC, etc.
> Instead of providing a generic Prolog interface, they build application
> specific interfaces. For example, the calling interface for a shipping
> expert system would take the package size, weight, destination, delivery
> days, etc. and return a list of possible options with prices. So instead
of
> using the Logic Server class directly, these customers extend the class to
> meet their specific needs which can be more efficient. The 6.2 release of
> Amzi! is designed to be used in high-performance web applications and has
> many internal improvements.

> WebLS has been replaced by KnowledgeWright which is also free for academic
> and personal use. Like Amzi! it provides a CGI interface as well as a Java
> Servlet interface. KW also allows you to embed knowledgebases in any
> application (VB, Delphi, C++) and it provides a full GUI to design,
develop,
> debug and maintain knowledgebases. You can download a copy from
> www.amzi.com/download.

> Regards,
> Mary Kroening

> > Hi!
> > Does anybody of You use Amzi Prolog for Web? Is this possible
> > using it just as CGI script? AFAIK they offered WebLS, but
> > now I do not know this product anymore.
> > Regards,
> > Tomasz

Fri, 04 Feb 2005 01:16:57 GMT
 Amzi Prolog for the Web
Indeed, LPA does have a server product, LPA ProWeb Server which is a
CGI-based application which stays memory resident and avoids the toing
and froing you normally get.
It also keeps track of multiple concurrent user-sessions and answers.

It is expensive but does deliver good performance.

It is also now used by LPA to support the new WebFlex implementation.

Clive

Quote:

--
Clive Spenser, LPA

Ever wondered what people do with Prolog?
Check out: http://www.lpa.co.uk/new_lin.htm

Sun, 06 Feb 2005 21:25:33 GMT

1. Amzi!Prolog + VB onto Web ?

2. Amzi Prolog versus LPA Prolog.

3. Amzi-Prolog vs. Visual Prolog

4. Searching Amzi Prolog with Smalltalk examples

5. Amzi Prolog - Newbie Question

6. Amzi Prolog - Warplan exame: extending it

7. Amzi! Prolog

8. Random in Amzi Prolog

9. How Do I: Browser-Enable Amzi Prolog Program

10. Amzi Prolog and SQL Server

11. How to use COM with Amzi Prolog

12. AMZI! Prolog and for/4