B-Prolog Version 6.1 is Availble Now
Author Message
 B-Prolog Version 6.1 is Availble Now

Hi,

I am pleased to announce that B-Prolog Version 6.1 has been released and the
evaluation edition is available from www.probp.com. The evaluation edition,
which has no restriction on functionality,  can be used for evaluation and
learning purposes.

Version 6.1 incorporates the following improvements over the previous
release:

[] Performance improvement
The emulator adopts threaded code available in GCC instead of a switch
statement to dispatch control. This gives 30 to 40 percent speed-up on
Linux, Solaris, and MacOsX. The finite-domain constraint solver has become
one of the fastest because of this improvement and several other
optimizations adopted in the new version.

[] Finite-domains over ground terms
Finite-domains in version 6.0 do not need to be restricted to integers, but
can contain any ground terms. This extension makes it possible to describe
many problems naturally. An example that illustrates the use of non-integer
domains and constraints is available from:

http://www.*-*-*.com/

[] New built-ins
Several constraints, including cumulative/4 and diffn/1,  in CHIP are
available now. Suspension variables have been extended. It is possible now
to attach any term to a suspension variable. This extension gives the same
description power as attribute variables offered by some other CLP systems.

Please refer to the updates note (www.probp.com/updates.htm) for the details

Wish you all a happy holiday season!

Neng-Fa Zhou
CUNY Brooklyn & Afany Software

P.S. To subscribe or unsubscribe the mailing list, please visit:
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Thu, 03 Jun 2004 06:20:25 GMT
 B-Prolog Version 6.1 is Availble Now
I've visited your web site, and it lists several industry and
university users.  I've never seen any postings of user applications
which use B-Prolog.  Is it just used for research and teaching, or do
people incorporate it into commercial applications?

Thanks,
Jon Weston-Dawkes

Quote:

> Hi,

> I am pleased to announce that B-Prolog Version 6.1 has been released and the
> evaluation edition is available from www.probp.com. The evaluation edition,
> which has no restriction on functionality,  can be used for evaluation and
> learning purposes.

> Version 6.1 incorporates the following improvements over the previous
> release:

> [] Performance improvement
> The emulator adopts threaded code available in GCC instead of a switch
> statement to dispatch control. This gives 30 to 40 percent speed-up on
> Linux, Solaris, and MacOsX. The finite-domain constraint solver has become
> one of the fastest because of this improvement and several other
> optimizations adopted in the new version.

> [] Finite-domains over ground terms
> Finite-domains in version 6.0 do not need to be restricted to integers, but
> can contain any ground terms. This extension makes it possible to describe
> many problems naturally. An example that illustrates the use of non-integer
> domains and constraints is available from:

> http://www.probp.com/examples/cg/dominopuzzle.html

> [] New built-ins
> Several constraints, including cumulative/4 and diffn/1,  in CHIP are
> available now. Suspension variables have been extended. It is possible now
> to attach any term to a suspension variable. This extension gives the same
> description power as attribute variables offered by some other CLP systems.

> Please refer to the updates note (www.probp.com/updates.htm) for the details

> Wish you all a happy holiday season!

> Neng-Fa Zhou
> CUNY Brooklyn & Afany Software

> P.S. To subscribe or unsubscribe the mailing list, please visit:

Mon, 07 Jun 2004 23:42:12 GMT

1. ANN: Bitmanagement releases BS Contact VRML 6.1

2. Article: Test of BS Contact VRML 6.1 (Web3d-Fr.com)

3. how to open a vi (made in version 6.1 labview) in version 6.0

4. It is possible to downgrade labview version 6.1 to labview version 5.1.1

5. how to open a vi (made in version 6.1 labview) in version 6.0

6. mac version 5.1 compatability problems with pc version 6.1

7. Convert old version VIs to version 6.1

8. Save an entire project at once, made in version 6.1 to version 6.0

9. how to open a vi (made in version 6.1 labview) in version 6.0

10. I am trying to create a standalone in Labview 6.1

11. Error#3:"memory.cpp"line 563 Labview version 6.1

12. Version Compatibility 6.1 to 5.1?