Warren Abstract Machine - C Source in Public Domain
Author Message
 Warren Abstract Machine - C Source in Public Domain

Is there an interpreter for the Warren Abstract Machine
(WAM) in C or C++ that's in the public domain?

I'm aware of the new gnu prolog component program pl2wam.c
but I'm just wondering whether there's a C program
already out there in the public domain
that will directly execute WAM instructions instead
of translating them into some other form first?

Otherwise, writing the code shouldn't be too difficult
given Ait-Kaci's tutorial explanation of it.
BTW are there intellectual property restrictions
I should be aware of
on too direct use of pseudo-code like that found
in Ait-Kaci's tutorial?

Thanks,

Jon Fernquest

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Mon, 01 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Warren Abstract Machine - C Source in Public Domain

Quote:

> Is there an interpreter for the Warren Abstract Machine
> (WAM) in C or C++ that's in the public domain?

The original, lightweight BinProlog kernel is open code,
you can get it from

http://www.binnetcorp.com/OpenCode/OpenCode.html

It is probably the most compact emulator based Prolog around
(50K executable). Its speed is close to emulated SICStus Prolog.
While the abstract machine uses some simplifications and optimizations
on the basic WAM (the AND-stack is replaced through a continuation passing
transformation), it is a good starting point for new implementations,
especially if performance and having some built-ins around (usually
90% of a Prolog system:-)) are important.

Paul  Tarau

Mon, 01 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Warren Abstract Machine - C Source in Public Domain

Quote:
> The original, lightweight BinProlog kernel is open code,

Thanks for pointing this out.

I want to glue Prolog code together with other code
(e.g. gui,audio,database...etc)
with the python scripting language...
so I'm going to attempt to create a python wrapper
around it and create a Python extension....with
good documentation...so that English teachers
can use Prolog code fragements in their CALL
(Computer Aided Language Learning)
applications.

Jon Fernquest

http://codearchive.com/home/jon

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Wed, 03 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Wanted: Copy of Warren's Abstract Machine

2. Wanted: Warren's Abstract Machine

3. Warren Abstract Machine

4. Warren Abstract Machine

5. Warren Abstract Machine

6. Warren Abstract Machine Paper

7. Look for info about Warren Abstract Prolog Machine

8. Information wanted on the Warren Abstract Machine

9. Description of the Warren Abstract Machine

10. Smalltalk WARREN ABSTRACT MACHINE

11. Public domain APL source code

12. Public Domain FORTH Source