HTTP Server in Prolog
Author Message
 HTTP Server in Prolog

One of my colleagues is interested in the possibility of developing an
HTTP server in Prolog and would be grateful for any references to
existing public code or other information/suggestions.

TIA

Graham Thwaites
Northern Telecom
Harlow, UK

Sat, 17 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 HTTP Server in Prolog

Quote:

> One of my colleagues is interested in the possibility of developing an
> HTTP server in Prolog and would be grateful for any references to
> existing public code or other information/suggestions.
> [...]

been working for years with reversible parsers (data->text, text->data,
both using the same grammar specification). Moreover, I know he's worked
with HTML and SGML generation using prolog.

--

personal)
1801 California          (on assignment from Analysts International)

Sat, 17 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 HTTP Server in Prolog

Graham,

LPA are about to release its ProWeb Server which supports Prolog-based
technology over the Web. It was presented recently at the LP/Internet
workshop at Imperial College organized by Prof Bob Kowalski, and will form
the basis for Phil Vasey's tutorial at PAP97

(check out the updated PAP web site at:

http://www.demon.co.uk/ar/PAP97/tutorials.html

)

Full product information will soon be uplaoded to the LPA site.

clive spenser
marketing director
lpa ltd
studio 4, rvpb,                         http://www.lpa.co.uk
trinity road, london               fax: +44 (0) 181 874 0449
sw18 3sx, england                  tel: +44 (0) 181 871 2016

Sun, 18 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 HTTP Server in Prolog

Visual Prolog Technical Support
Service Request Number: 13096

"One of my colleagues is interested in the possibility of developing an
HTTP server in Prolog..."

Writing a web server in prolog requires supporting the HTTP protocol on
a TCP/IP port (usually port 80). Visual Prolog 4.0 can be upgraded with
a (free) TCP/IP module.  The next version will probably include a HTTP
parser so that web pages can be read and written as prolog structures.

We have chosen to use a Windows NT 4.0 server and the MS IIS server.
This relieves us of writing a HTTP server. We interface to the existing
server software using the ISAPI interface
(DLL's written in Visual Prolog) as this is more efficient than the
"old" GCI interface.

Regards

Jonathan Lerwill

http://www.pdc.dk

Tue, 20 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 HTTP Server in Prolog

: >
: > One of my colleagues is interested in the possibility of developing an
: > HTTP server in Prolog and would be grateful for any references to
: > existing public code or other information/suggestions.
: > [...]

You may also be interested in looking at some of IF Computers
logic programming web tools on www.ifcomputer.com

cherers

Andrew

Dr. Andrew R. Verden,                              IF Computer GmbH,

Tel:    +49 89 7936 0037                           D-82065 Baierbrunn,
Fax:    +49 89 7936 0039                           Germany.

World Wide Web:  http://www.biz.isar.de/ifcomputer/

Tue, 20 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 HTTP Server in Prolog

Dear Graham,

ECLiPSe (ECRC parallel constraint logic programming system) has an HTTP
library (a client and a server).
You'll find it at http://www.ecrc.de/eclipse/ under the tools, libraries
and applications section.

The library, which is described in some recent publications (
http://context.mit.edu/Steph/home/Papers/inap96.ps.Z
and http://context.mit.edu/Steph/Home/Papers/eclipse-agents.ps.Z ) can
be a starting point for your
friend. Indeed, the version of the code you'll find is an early one and
needs some revisions. In particular,
the HTTP grammar (grammar for the parsing and generation of the mime and
http header) is not uptodate.

The server library allows you to define in Prolog the implementation of
the various http methods GET, POST,
PUT and all those you want to define yourself if you are using your own
client.

The library is waiting for someone to volonteer for its maintenance.

Posted by Tito Pena for Stephane Bressan, do not reply to sender

Quote:

> One of my colleagues is interested in the possibility of developing an
> HTTP server in Prolog and would be grateful for any references to
> existing public code or other information/suggestions.

> TIA

> Graham Thwaites
> Northern Telecom
> Harlow, UK

Sat, 24 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 HTTP Server in Prolog

Quote:

> One of my colleagues is interested in the possibility of developing an
> HTTP server in Prolog and would be grateful for any references to
> existing public code or other information/suggestions.

> TIA

> Graham Thwaites
> Northern Telecom
> Harlow, UK

You may want to check out the public domain PiLLoW library, which
includes a quite comprehensive set of support predicates for WWW
programming from Prolog. I am enclosing the announcement of the latest
version. M.H.

Date: Fri, 04 Oct 1996 21:28:29 +0200 (MET DST)
From: Daniel Cabeza Gras <bardo>
Subject: PiLLoW HTML/HTTP library for LP and CLP - V1.0beta release

We are pleased to announce the release to COMPULOG-NET of the 1.0-beta
version of our public domain HTML/HTTP library for LP and CLP systems.
Enjoy!

Daniel Cabeza and Manuel Hermenegildo

Description
-----------

This package is a public domain HTML/HTTP conectivity package for
Logic Programming and Constraint Logic Programming systems. It is an
evolution of the previously released html.pl package (in fact it
includes html.pl version 96.2.1b). The package allows generating HTML
documents easily from LP/CLP systems, including HTML forms. It also
provides facilities for parsing the input provided by HTML forms, as
well as developing form handlers. Lastly, it includes support for the
HTTP protocol as a builtin.  Its overall purpose is to facilitate the
development of WWW applications using LP and CLP systems.  The package
has been developed in the context of the &-Prolog and CIAO systems,
but it has been adapted to a number of popular LP/CLP systems. In
particular, the SICStus (2.1 or 3) ports support all the package
functionality.

Getting the package
-------------------

The latest version of the PiLLow library is available via anonymous ftp
from the CLIP ftp server:

    ftp://clip.dia.fi.upm.es/pub/software/pillow.tar.gz

To install simply uncompress and untar the distribution in a
convenient directory and follow the instructions in the README file.

Please refer to the WWW site of PiLLow for more information:

    http://www.clip.dia.fi.upm.es/miscdocs/pillow/pillow.html

Manuel Hermenegildo and Daniel Cabeza

Department of Artificial Intelligence
School of Computer Science
Technical University of Madrid

Hermenegildo

Informatica
+34-1-336-7435 (Work)                 |    Universidad Politecnica de
Madrid
+34-1-352-4819 or 336-7412 (FAX)      |    28660-Boadilla del Monte,
MADRID
http://www.clip.dia.fi.upm.es/~herme  |
SPAIN

Mon, 26 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Build https server with Tcl http server?

2. Accessing HTTP servers, wininet.dll

3. WebToolkit : Using Front-End HTTP Servers

4. using realbasic to develop a http server

5. Using remote MySQL server with PHP via HTTP

6. Code for dealing with http servers

7. Any IFT http server experts?

8. New Templates: the Internet Framework Templates - HTTP Server Edition Version 1.5

9. Announcement: Internet Framework Templates - HTTP Server Edition

10. How can I start the HTTP Server?

11. HTTP server parsed forth servlet (repost from 1999/08/13)

12. HTTP server parsed forth servlet