Prolog & Memoisation
Author Message
 Prolog & Memoisation

Are there any Prolog implementations using memoisation as part of the
'deep-down' runtime system? Any papers or notes on implementation issues?

Thanks, in advance.

---------------------
Mike Brady
Computer Science Department, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland

Sat, 12 Aug 1995 23:47:07 GMT
 Prolog & Memoisation

Quote:

> Are there any Prolog implementations using memoisation as part of the
> 'deep-down' runtime system? Any papers or notes on implementation issues?

> Thanks, in advance.

> ---------------------
> Mike Brady
> Computer Science Department, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland

My advisor is of the opinion that SB-Prolog uses memoization (this
just came up at a meeting this week.)  But even if that were true,
what sane person would want to use it? (No flames please, I'm sure
SB-Prolog is perfectly suitable if you're desperate or poor enough.)

Computing Research Lab
Box 30001/3CRL                          Life is something to do when
New Mexico State University             you can't get to sleep.
Las Cruces, NM 88003-0001                       -Fran Lebowitz
VOICE: (505) 646-5856
FAX:   (505) 646-6218

Sun, 13 Aug 1995 17:36:58 GMT

1. Memoisation: general principles?

2. truth maintenance and memoisation

3. Quintus Prolog++ & AAIS Prolog

4. PDC prolog and prolog++ (object-prolog)

5. ABC Templates @#$%^&*&&*&*!!!!!!

6. APL, PROLOG & IF statements

7. Character sets & prolog

8. Elliza & Prolog

9. Swi-Prolog & Java Interface

10. Depth & Breadth Searching in Prolog

11. nlp in prolog - Blackburn & Bos 1999

12. Prolog & VB