Visual Prolog
Author Message
 Visual Prolog

Hi, anyone knows Visual Prolog?
I'm developing a system on Sicstus Prolog, but I'm searching for
a best solution.
I need a portable (win&unix) system, efficent and modern!
I want too much? Any suggestions?

Cheers,
Antonio Turi.

Sun, 23 May 2004 18:28:09 GMT
 Visual Prolog
Portable? Visual Prolog, however good it may be, is not portable. The Unix
version has no GUI capablilities, whereas the Windows version does. If you
don't plan on using the GUI, it may be portable. Other prologs may be
expected to be more portable. Try SWI-Prolog.

Quote:
> Hi, anyone knows Visual Prolog?
> I'm developing a system on Sicstus Prolog, but I'm searching for
> a best solution.
> I need a portable (win&unix) system, efficent and modern!
> I want too much? Any suggestions?

> Cheers,
> Antonio Turi.

Sun, 23 May 2004 18:47:30 GMT
 Visual Prolog

Quote:

>Portable? Visual Prolog, however good it may be, is not portable. The Unix
>version has no GUI capablilities, whereas the Windows version does. If you
>don't plan on using the GUI, it may be portable. Other prologs may be
>expected to be more portable. Try SWI-Prolog.

Isnt Visual Prolog just a rebadged Turbo Prolog ( of ill fame and
worse memory ) ?

Sun, 23 May 2004 21:09:59 GMT
 Visual Prolog

Quote:
> Hi, anyone knows Visual Prolog?
> I'm developing a system on Sicstus Prolog, but I'm searching for
> a best solution.
> I need a portable (win&unix) system, efficent and modern!

1. VP only works on x86 under Win and some Unixes (w/o GUI).
2. Yes, it produces quite fast code.
3. I can't say that it is modern ;-( For "modern" see Murcury, IMHO.

aiz

Sun, 23 May 2004 22:03:08 GMT
 Visual Prolog

Quote:
>Hi, anyone knows Visual Prolog?
>I'm developing a system on Sicstus Prolog, but I'm searching for
>a best solution.
>I need a portable (win&unix) system, efficent and modern!
>I want too much? Any suggestions?

>Cheers,
>Antonio Turi.

Portable, efficient and modern?... Well, try SICStus Prolog :)

A.L.

Sun, 23 May 2004 22:37:05 GMT
 Visual Prolog
Thank alls,
VP is not a ISO prolog, then Sicstus is the best choice.
(for now!)

Cheers,
Antonio Turi.

Sun, 23 May 2004 23:18:44 GMT
 Visual Prolog

Quote:

> Hi, anyone knows Visual Prolog?
> I'm developing a system on Sicstus Prolog, but I'm searching for
> a best solution.
> I need a portable (win&unix) system, efficent and modern!
> I want too much? Any suggestions?

SWI-prolog ftp://swi.psy.uva.nl/

claims to run under Windows, I never tried, but am sure it does.
It runs on Solaris SPARC and Linux x86.

Fri, 30 Jul 2004 21:38:22 GMT

1. Visual Prolog and Visual C++ - Capabilities Comparison

2. how to call visual prolog to visual c++?

3. PDC Visual Prolog and VIsual Basic

4. Prolog Development Center - Visual Prolog

5. various Prolog and Visual Prolog problems.

6. Translator from standard PROLOG to Visual Prolog?

7. PDC Prolog / Visual Prolog First Steps Edition +/- points

8. PDC Prolog/Visual Prolog and ISO Standards

9. Amzi-Prolog vs. Visual Prolog

10. intriguing offer: Visual Prolog Freeware

11. Visual Prolog Personal Edition as freeware

12. Assembly Language Extensions for Visual Prolog