ANN: Amzi! Prolog+Logic Server 6.2
Author Message
 ANN: Amzi! Prolog+Logic Server 6.2

Amzi! Prolog + Logic Server 6.2 Final

The final version of Amzi! Prolog + Logic Server 6.2 for Windows, Solaris
and Linux is now available for downloading from
http://www.*-*-*.com/ ,
personal and 90-day evaluation use.

Details about all the enhancements can be found in the documentation at
http://www.*-*-*.com/ :

Easier Development and Deployment

The old import/export constructs have been replaced with the more powerful
ISO-standard module capabilities which help organize larger applications.
Logic Server Extensions (LSXs) can be loaded from either the host language
or Prolog, and compiled Prolog modules can be loaded anytime from both files
and memory. Diagnostics for common errors are clearer, and many
syntactically correct, but erroneous constructs are flagged as errors.
Little touches like allowing either forward or backward slashes in file
names make it easier to build multi-platform applications.

ISO-Standard Compliance

Many of the changes in the release are related to the ISO-standard, most
notably the inclusion of full ISO module support and ISO stream support.

High Performance Logic Base

Much of the work that has gone into the 6.2 release is internal. For
example, the dynamic logic base has been completely rewritten.

Two immediate benefits of this work are support for indexed and sorted
dynamic predicates, both of which offer tremendous performance gains for
applications with a lot of data.

More Internet Support

Comprehensive Internet Support for .NET, ASP, JSP and Java Servlets is
included.

A COM object (with samples) has been added to provide a first level of
interface for .NET users. There are new samples illustrating the use of the
Logic Server with ASP, JSP and Java Servlet Internet technologies.

New Libraries and Utilities

New libraries and utilities have been added, including a cross reference
utility, XML library, date/time library, and performance probe utility. An
optional preprocessor is also included.

Full Internationalization

In addition to Unicode support, locale-specific multibyte characters are
supported in all environments.

Increased System Limits

Work has been done to eliminate some of the pesky system limits, most
notably the atom table, which is now only limited by memory. The compiler
can compile any number of clauses, the number of variables is greatly
increased, and the loader buffers are automatically resized as needed.

Improved Documentation

Much of the Prolog documentation has been redone and updated, and new
sections added for debugging tips and modules. A frequently asked questions
page has also been included. Also each sample has its own doc.html file that
describes how to build it and run it.

Advanced Mathematics

There are a number of enhancements of interest to the mathematically
inclined, most notably support for infinite precision real numbers, prime
number generation, and rational number arithmetic.

New Editions

Amzi! Prolog + Logic Server is available in four editions/licenses:

   Academic/Personal/Evaluation -- Free downloadable from our website

   Standard -- Designed for applications that are not high-end, multi-user,
server-based applications

   Professional -- Designed for high-end, server-based applications

   Enterprise -- Includes full source code

The Standard Edition is $795 for one developer on one operating system.
Annual maintenance is $200, additional developers $300/each, additional
o.s.'s $500/each.

The Professional Edition remains at $2500 for one developer on one operating
system. Annual maintenance is $500, additional developer's $1000/each,
additional o.s.'s $1500/each.

The Enterprise Edition is $30,000 for unlimited developers and operating
systems. Annual maintenance, $6,000.

Each license includes the first year's maintenance (all new releases in the
year after purchase) and priority tech support.

In the initial 6.2 release the Standard edition does not allow multiple,
simultaneous logic servers open at the same time, nor can compiled code be
loaded from memory.

Note, academic and personal users who need the server-based features may

description of your project.

Special Upgrade Pricing Until July 31st

Commercial licensees with current maintenance will receive their serial
numbers and unlock codes shortly.

Until July 31st, any prior Amzi! customer who purchased any edition in the
past, but whose maintenance has expired, may upgrade to a Standard License
for $400 or Professional License for $1,000. That includes priority tech
support and maintenance (all new releases) for a year (a $200 or $500

 Amzi! inc.

 5861 Greentree Road

 Lebanon, OH 45036 U.S.A.

 web http://www.*-*-*.com/

 tel +1 513 425 8050

 fax +1 513 425 8025

Sat, 04 Dec 2004 20:01:18 GMT
 ANN: Amzi! Prolog+Logic Server 6.2

Quote:
> Amzi! Prolog + Logic Server 6.2 Final

> The final version of Amzi! Prolog + Logic Server 6.2 for
> Windows, Solaris and Linux is now available for downloading from
> http://www.amzi.com/download. This release is FREE for academic,
> personal and 90-day evaluation use.
[snipped]
> Much of the Prolog documentation has been redone and updated,

[snipped]

A vast improvement, well done! ;-)

[snipped]

Daniel

Sat, 04 Dec 2004 23:24:55 GMT

1. ANNOUNCE: Socket Support for Amzi! Prolog + Logic Server

2. Amzi Prolog and SQL Server

3. ANN: Amzi! Prolog+Logic Server Improves .NET Support; Adds Sample Prototypes

4. Cogent Prolog is now called "Amzi! Prolog+Logic Server"

5. Amzi Prolog versus LPA Prolog.

6. Amzi-Prolog vs. Visual Prolog

7. ANNOUNCE: Prolog Logic Server in a Java Class

8. AMZI Logic Explorer

9. AMZI Logic Explorer

10. ANNOUNCE: Free Amzi! Prolog + Logic Server 4.1 Evaluation Copy

11. Evaluation Copies of Amzi! Prolog+Logic Server for Downloading

12. UPDATED FREEWARE: Amzi! Logic Explorer