I need help doing a prolog multi-insert!!!
Author Message
 I need help doing a prolog multi-insert!!!

Im a student at University of Cincinnati, and I need help with an assignment.

I need to do the permutations of a list and part of the permutation relations
is a sub relation which i will call multiinsert, what it does is this:

it takes an atom (eg 'a') and inserts it into all the possible locations in a
list (eg. list=[1,2,3]--> [a,1,2,3],[1,a,2,3],[1,2,a,3],[1,2,3,a])

I just cant seem to get it,

ive tried to use length and then to count the number of elements but i can seem
to get that to work.

If you dont want to tell me the solution could you at least give me a hint...

Thanks, Brad

reply to me by email if possible.

Tue, 04 Feb 1997 02:47:18 GMT
 I need help doing a prolog multi-insert!!!

Quote:
> Im a student at University of Cincinnati, and I need help with an assignment.

You should ask someone at University of Cincinnati for help: you paid a fee
there, I suppose
.
Still, here is some free advice: if you can't do a Prolog multi-insert,
try it in another language, preferably your mother tongue, whatever that is.
If you still can't, it is too early for you to take up a Prolog course.

Bart Demoen

Wed, 05 Feb 1997 02:26:28 GMT

1. Cry For Help - Need work done on PB Source - $$$

2. Novice Programmer needs help doing something simple, MERGE

3. need help doing peek-char from f77 FORTRAN on UNIX box

4. *** Need help: Insert in text item in canvas *

5. Need advice/help w/Multi-level search

6. I need help with multi select in browse

7. [Fwd: Multi-user VRML help needed]

8. Multi-user VRML help needed

9. Help on doing help

10. Need help in prolog, please

11. Need help with a Prolog Program

12. Help needed: Benchmarks of higher-order prolog programs?