Need a good free prolog for Linux
Author Message
 Need a good free prolog for Linux

Quote:

> I Need a good free prolog for Linux. Is that in existance?

This should count as a homework problem :)

see http://www.*-*-*.com/

SWI Prolog and XPCE are distributed with the November 95
Infomagic and the last 6CD Yggdrasil distribution, probably
others and earlier ones as well. What distribution do you use ?

Sun, 12 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Need a good free prolog for Linux
I Need a good free prolog for Linux. Is that in existance?

Sun, 12 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Need a good free prolog for Linux

Quote:

>I Need a good free prolog for Linux. Is that in existance?

You can try YAP 2.0.
Get it at: ftp://ftp.ncc.up.pt/pub/

Paulo

--

www: http://www.ci.uc.pt/logtalk/pmoura.html
Dep. of Mathematics

Mon, 13 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Need a good free prolog for Linux

Quote:

>> I Need a good free prolog for Linux. Is that in existance?

We have a $49 Linux Prolog: Amzi! Prolog + Logic Server

Its a beta version, but no problems have been reported thus far.  And
it is a "personal" edition not licensed for commercial distribution.

However, it is a full Edinburgh standard Prolog engine distributed as
a listener (that can run both interpreted and compiled code) and as a
library for embedding in C and other languages.

More info is at http://www.amzi.com

The beta pricing is good until a final release is available.

Mary Kroening

 |  Amzi! inc.                                                     Home of  |
 |  40 Samuel Prescott Drive                   Amzi! Prolog + Logic Server  |
 |  Stow, MA 01775    U.S.A.                    (formerly "Cogent Prolog")  |
 |  tel      +1 508 897 7332                                     and other  |
 |  fax      +1 508 897 2784                 prolog & rule-based software,  |

Mon, 13 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Need a good free prolog for Linux

SWI prolog does compile under Linux.  You can FTP it from
swi.psy.uva.nl.

One small problem is that saving images (i.e., save/1 and
save_program/1) do not appear to be be ported.  I recently asked for
patches for this functionality, but no luck yet.

Maybe there is another way of dumping core and re-starting the image
later?  All suggestions welcomed.

        -ian

Mon, 13 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Need a good free prolog for Linux

|> I Need a good free prolog for Linux. Is that in existance?

Try Paul Tarau's BinProlog from
   ftp://clement.info.umoncton.ca/BinProlog
It's already precompiled for a lot of platforms, Linux being one of them.
Runs without problems on my Linux installation.

Gernot Salzer, Technische Universitaet Wien

P.S.: BinProlog is also reasonable fast and reasonable compatible with
Quintus/SICStus Prolog.

Sat, 18 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. I need to know the best free Lisp for Linux

2. A good free/trial prolog IDE for compiling and loading wordnet prolog database

3. Is Alliance Free Linux VHDL any good?

4. Is free Alliance Linux VHDL and good?

5. Best free linux system to learn CLOS

6. Best free program for prolog

7. whats a good free prolog for mac?

8. Free Prolog for Linux