prolog version
Author Message
 prolog version

Bonjour,

i'm a newbie with prolog. One of my teacher advised me to use
prolog 4 or prolog 3.1.4, but i forgot to ask from which Editor...

can you help me with some clue ?
In the way,  if you known a good Online Course  i will be very greatfull !!!

Thanks
                Yann .

Sun, 06 Jun 2004 19:25:08 GMT
 prolog version
There is an iso for prolog
so you can take swi prolog, or gnu prolog that the same thing (if you
dont use other predicates than the ISO predicates)

because Prolog (III or IV) wich is from prologia is very expensive

Jean Michel LECONTE

Guillerm Yann a crit :

Quote:

> Bonjour,

> i'm a newbie with prolog. One of my teacher advised me to use
> prolog 4 or prolog 3.1.4, but i forgot to ask from which Editor...

> can you help me with some clue ?
> In the way,  if you known a good Online Course  i will be very greatfull !!!

> Thanks
>                 Yann .

Sun, 06 Jun 2004 20:15:03 GMT
 prolog version

Quote:

> There is an iso for prolog
> so you can take swi prolog, or gnu prolog that the same thing (if you
> dont use other predicates than the ISO predicates)

> because Prolog (III or IV) wich is from prologia is very expensive

There are special prices for scholars.

--
Pascal

Mon, 07 Jun 2004 02:56:17 GMT
 prolog version

Quote:

> Bonjour,

> i'm a newbie with prolog. One of my teacher advised me to use
> prolog 4 or prolog 3.1.4, but i forgot to ask from which Editor...
> can you help me with some clue ?

It is Prologia ;-).
Prolog IV (and the old Prolog III) are CLP languages (Prolog with Contraints).

--
Pascal

Mon, 07 Jun 2004 03:02:10 GMT
 prolog version

Quote:
> There are special prices for scholars.

> --
> Pascal

And how much is it ? 100 $ , 200 $ or 500 $ ??

I don't see why a student, who's learning, has to pay for his studies

Why prologia doesn't do as SWI Prolog : a commercial licence and a
different free version for students ?

Jean Michel LECONTE

Mon, 07 Jun 2004 04:16:07 GMT
 prolog version

Quote:

> > There are special prices for scholars.

> And how much is it ? 100 $ , 200 $ or 500 $ ??

Let's take an example to clarify my sentence:
If a university lab teaching prolog or CLP buy Prolog IV (site or room
license with special price), studients of this site, room, etc. can install and
use a personnal version at home for free, with some minor license agreement
I don't know all details about.

Quote:
> Why prologia doesn't do as SWI Prolog : a commercial licence and a
> different free version for students ?

We need some thinking about this. We were somewhat reluctant to support
different versions (one being "limited")

--
Pascal

Mon, 07 Jun 2004 20:34:02 GMT
 prolog version

Quote:

>> Why prologia doesn't do as SWI Prolog : a commercial licence and a
>> different free version for students ?

There are not two different versions of SWI-Prolog.  SWI-Prolog is
distributed under the GPL(-2).  Users who wish to link SWI-Prolog to
code that is not GPL-compliant (for example they do not wish to
disclose sources to their customer) can buy a commercial licence.

They get exactly the same thing, but they are allowed to link SWI-Prolog
to proprietary code without restrictions.

        Regards --- Jan

Mon, 07 Jun 2004 21:30:37 GMT
 prolog version

Quote:
>> There are special prices for scholars.

>> --
>> Pascal
> And how much is it ? 100 $ , 200 $ or 500 $ ??
> I don't see why a student, who's learning, has to pay for his studies
> Why prologia doesn't do as SWI Prolog : a commercial licence and a
> different free version for students ?

SWI Prolog is now free; it's GNU. This changed last year or so.
As far as I know there are no separate versions (anymore).

Gertjan

--
Gertjan van Noord Alfa-informatica, RUG,  Postbus 716, 9700 AS Groningen
vannoord at let dot rug dot nl            http://www.let.rug.nl/~vannoord

Tue, 08 Jun 2004 04:51:17 GMT

1. B-Prolog Version 6.4 Available

2. B-Prolog Version 6.1 is Availble Now

3. Strawberry Prolog - version 1.5

4. B-Prolog Version 4.0 is available now

5. About old Cogent Prolog version

6. Search prolog version for Win95

7. B-Prolog Version 2.1

8. Request: Turbo Prolog Version 2

9. Help: SWI-Prolog, version 210

10. Beta-Prolog Version 1.5

11. Cheap & reliable Prolog version (CORRECTED)

12. Cheap & reliable Prolog version